Delete the duplicate posts on your WordPress blog.
|Author:||cleverplugins.com (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.3|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||02-09-2009|
|Total downloads:||150 799|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
- Upload the delete-duplicate-posts folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the Delete Duplicate Posts plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress
- Use the plugin by going to Tools -> Delete Duplicate Posts
Should I take a backup before using this tool?
Yes! You should always take a backup before deleting posts or pages on your website.
What happens if it deletes something I do not want to delete?
You should restore the backup you took of your website before you ran this tool.
- Fixed bugs introduced with updating to WordPress 4.9.1 – Thank you to all who reported the problem.
- Fixed esc_sql() for WordPress 4.8.3
- Fix missing 3rd party scripts.
- Optimized delete routines – Thank you Claire and Vaclav 🙂 Up to 20-30% faster deleting.
- Added timing functions so you can see how long it takes to delete in the log.
- Permanently delete posts and pages – no longer goes to trash.
- Fix – The log is now shown with latest events at top.
- Updated 3rd party scripts – Freemius update 220.127.116.11.1 to 18.104.22.168
- Updated Freemius SDK.
- Fixing problem with keeping latest or oldests posts.
- Fixed PHP Notification – Logs were not automatically cleaned.
- Fixed missing icon
- Listed freemius as contributer
- Fixing PHP Warning if no post types selected
- Fixed a mistake in Freemius configuration :-/
- Added language .pot file
- Improved Danish translation
- Added Fremius for more usage details – Opt-in
- Fix PHP notices
- Clean up code comments
- Logo now in Retina
- Fixes which kinds of posts that can be cleaned- Thanks Mark – https://cleverplugins.com/support/topic/delete-duplicate-post-of-a-different-post-type/
- Option up from max 250 posts to 500 – Thanks Mark.
- Improved visual style in the table listing.
- Fixes problem with cron job not working properly.
- New: Choose interval for automated cron job to run.
- Adds 3 cron interval 10 min, 15 min and 30 minutes to WordPress.
- Minor PHP Notice fix.
- Code cleaning up
- Added log notes for cron jobs and manual cleaning.
- Added missing screenshots, banners and icons.
- Big rewrite, long overdue, many bugs fixed
- NEW: Choose between post types.
- Optional cron job now runs every hour, not every half hour.
- The log was broken, it has now been fixed.
- Removed unused and old code.
- Improved plugin layout.
- Fix for deleting any dupes but posts – ie. not menu items :-/
- Fix for PHP warnings.
- Fix for old user capabilities code.
- Code refactoring and updates – Basically rewrote most of the plugin.
- Removed link in footer.
- Removed dashboard widget.
- Internationalization – Now plugin can be translated
- Danish language file added.
- Bugfix: Problem with the link-donation logic. Hereby fixed.
- Bugfix: Could not access the settings page from the Plugins page.
- Ads are no longer optional. Sorry about that 🙂
- Changes to the amount of duplicates you can delete using CRON.
- Bugfix : A minor speed improvement.
- Bugfix : Minor logic error fixed.
- Bugfix : Now actually deletes duplicate posts when clicking the button manually.. Doh…
- Design interface updated
- New automatic CRON feature as per many user requests
- Optional: E-mail notifications
- Fixes problem with dashboard widget. Thanks to Derek for pinpointing the error.
- Ensures all post meta for the deleted blogposts are also removed…
- Uses internal delete function, which also cleans up leftover meta-data. Takes a lot more time to complete however and might time out on some hosts.
- First release