Highlight important information by adding message blocks to your posts and pages
|Author:||Kenneth John Odle (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-07-2015|
|Total downloads:||1 151|
Click to start download
The plugin adds these two buttons to the end of the second toolbar.
New in 2.0! Choose from 4 new dark color schemes.
The first button lets you add these message blocks. They will automatically add the title shown in the menu.
A popup box from the first button.
The second button lets you add these message blocks. You will be prompted both for a title and content.
A popup box from the second button.
The "Part of a series" button is a little different, as you only need a single word or phrase for the title.
The output from the "Part of a series" button.
New in 2.0! Choose from among 10 different border styles.
New in 2.0! Choose from 7 new light color schemes (in addition to the default color scheme).
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘d12 Message Blocks’
- Activate d12 Message Blocksfrom your Plugins page.
- Download d12 Message Blocks.
- Upload the ‘d12-message-blocks’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc…)
- Activate d12 Message Blocks from your Plugins page.
Will this plugin work with all themes?
It should. I haven’t tested it with all themes, but I’ve written it in such a way that it should. If you encounter issues, please post a link to your site in the support forum along with a description of your issue.
Is this plugin responsive?
Yes. It should look good on all mobile devices, although on extremely narrow screens, the icon will shift to the top.
Can I change the border or background colors?
New in 2.0 You can now select from 10 different border styles and 11 different color schemes from the plugin’s options page.
I can’t see the toolbar buttons.
Click on the “Toggle Toolbar” button at the end of the first row.
Can I add links or lists?
You can add any html you like in the popup window, and it will be passed to the visual editor. If you are not comfortable editing html, it is easier to add links or lists after you have clicked “OK” and been returned to the visual editor.
- All message blocks available from single menu button
- Added message block with no icon
- Added message block with no icon or title
- Made blocks full-width in mobile views
- Fixed a bug with stylesheets not loading
- Fixed a bug with the “Part of a Series” message block
- Changed demo location to new plugin demo site
- Fixed an issue with some shortcodes appearing at the beginning of the post instead of where they were inserted in post.
- Added an option page allowing users to select from 10 different border styles and 11 different color schemes.
- Plugin is now translatable
- Initial release