Live comments widget for WordPress, powered by Backbone.js
|Author:||allendav (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.6|
|WordPress version tested:||3.6.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-06-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
Example plugin for using Backbone.js with WordPress; displays a live comment stream in a widget.
A comment was made on a post, but it didn’t appear in the widget. Why not?
Comments appear once approved – be sure the comment has been approved.
If I unapprove a comment, will it be removed from the widget?
Why is a minimum of WordPress 3.6 required?
This plugin uses Backbone.js 1.0.0, which was added in WordPress 3.6.
- Limited the number of comments returned to 10
- Updated to support localization
- Updated to use Backbone 1.0.0 in WordPress 3.6 (collection add merge)
- Changed get_comments query to use DESC so that most recent 10 comments are sent
- Changed ajax update to only fetch any comments added since last query
- Removed highlighting of new comments and replaced it with automatically updating timestamps using moment.js
- Simplified subview logic to simply prepend new comments at the top of the comments view
- Initial release