|Author:||Rene Hermenau, Steffen Arnold (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1+|
|WordPress version tested:||4.1.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||07-05-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||41 341|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
CSS3 Lightbox demo
This lightbox plugin is in not longer in active development and will not be be updated
- High Performance Lightbox, especially on mobile devices
- Lightbox works with any embedded image
- Lightbox with very low memory footprint
- Lightbox uses browser native CSS3 functions
How does it work?
The plugin parses all your images in your blog posts and creates some specific classes for this images which are called from a smart and complex css file. This css entries are able to open your images in a very nice looking lightbox.
How to install and setup?
Install it via the admin dashboard and to 'Plugins', click 'Add New' and search the plugins for 'Lightbox CSS2'. Install the plugin with 'Install Now'.
Find here the most asked questions and answers for this lightbox plugin. If you have any special question about the CSS3 Lightbox do not hesitate to write me personally at rene[at]digitalsday.com
New: Tested up to WP 4.1
- New: Use the lightbox on category pages and blogposts
Fix: check for Undefined offset
- New: Tested WP 4.0
- Fix: Change class ‘close’
- Tested up to WP 3.9.2
- New: Add filter for easy manipulating data
- Fix: change css for gallery compatibility
- Remove some old styles
- Fix: Allow use of htmls tags: rel | target
- New: Allow use of the caption tag
- New: Allow use of image alignment like left | center | right
- New: First premium addon
- Fix: Popup images centered
- New: Welcome Screen
- Fix: No lightbox effect for no-image links
- Change filter priority order of Lightbox to highest (zero)
- Show lightbox only on pages, posts and attachment pages (is_singular())
- Prevent jump to top of page after closing lightbox pop up image
- First release of CSS3 Lightbox