CP Easy Form Builder is a WordPress plugin that allows to create forms and email them.
|Author:||CodePeople (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-08-2012|
|Total downloads:||59 055|
|Active installs:||3 000+|
Click to start download
Contact form validation settings
Inserting a contact form into a page
Adding fields to the contact form using the form creator
Editing fields using the form builder
Built-in captcha image anti-spam protection
Contact form processing settings
To install Form Builder CP, follow these steps:
- Download and unzip the Form Builder CP plugin
- Upload the entire cp-easy-form-builder/ directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the Form Builder CP plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Configure the Form Builder CP settings at the administration menu >> Settings >> Form Builder CP
- To insert the Form Builder CP into some content or post use the icon that will appear when editing contents
Q: What means each field in the settings area?
A: The Form Builder CP product’s page contains detailed information about each field and customization:
Q: How can I apply CSS styles to the form fields?
A: Into the form editor (form builder), click a field to edit its details, there is a setting there named “Add CSS Layout Keywords”. You can add the class name into that field, so the style specified into the CSS class will be applied to that field.
Note: Don’t add style rules directly there but the name of a CSS class.
You can place the CSS class either into the CSS file of your template or into the file “cp-easy-form-builder\css\stylepublic.css” located into the plugin’s folder.
Q: Can I align the form in two or more columns?
A: Yes, use the “Add CSS Layout Keywords” field into the form creator for doing that. Into the form creator click a field and into its settings there is one field named “Add Css Layout Keywords”. Into that field you can put the name of a CSS class that will be applied to the field.
There are some pre-defined CSS classes to use align two, three or four form fields into the same line. The CSS classes are named:
column2 column3 column4
For example if you want to put two form fields into the same line then specify for both form fields the class name “column2”.
Q: Which is the Form Builder CP shortcode for publishing the form?
A: This is the Form Builder CP shortcode:
You can paste it in any place into a post/page or directly into the template using the do_shortcode function. In the edition of pages and posts there is a link that inserts the Form Builder CP shortcode into the page/post.
Q: How to modify the submit button design?
A: The class=”pbSubmit” can be used to modify the button styles.
The styles can be applied into any of the CSS files of your theme or into the CSS file “cp-easy-form-builder\css\stylepublic.css”.
For further modifications the submit button is located at the end of the file “cp_easyform_public_int.inc.php”.
Q: How to edit the submit label?
A: There is a new settings box in the Form Builder CP settings named “Submit Button”. You can edit the submit button label there and get info about editing its CSS styles.
Q: Can I display hits on each field with instructions for the user?
A: Yes, into the form builder click the field and you will see various options in the “Field Settings” tab. In this case you are interested in the option labeled “Instructions for User”.
Type the instruction in the settings field “Instructions for User” and click the checkbox labeled “Show as floating tooltip” below that field, this way the instructions will appear when the field receives the focus (when the user enters to the field to type something).
If the checkbox “Show as floating tooltip” isn’t marked then the instructions will appear always displayed immediately below the field in the form.
- First stable version released.
- More configuration options added.
- fixing tags in wp directory
- Several bug fixes
- Compatible with latest WP versions
- Compatible with latest WP versions
- Better interface and access to the plugin options
- Captcha image works better in different server environments
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed warning that appeared with PHP safe mode restrictions
- Compatible with the WordPress 4.2.2 version
- Optimized submission process
- Fixed bug in the form builder scripts
- Removing use of PHP 4 style class constructors
- Compatible with the latest WordPress version
- Tested and compatible with WordPress 4.4
- Fixed bug in submission parameter.
- Tested for WordPress 4.5
- Script load method modified for issues in WP 4.5
- Compatible with WP 4.6
- Default email fix
- Fix to magic quotes detection
- Fix to email address format
- Compatible with WordPress 4.7
- Support pointed to WP forum
- Optional review banner
- Fixed issue in review panel
- Tested and compatible with WordPress 4.8
- Better validation and captcha color pickers
- Moved plugin website and links to SSL
- Compatible with WordPress 4.9