Add custom icon fonts and SVGs to the built in Cornerstone and Pro elements controls
|Author:||Michael Bourne (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-02-2018|
|Total downloads:||1 557|
Click to start download
- Upload your plugin folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Fontello.com to create your own icon font. Download the zip when done.
- Upload previous zip file to the plugins settings page.
What can I do with this plugin?
You can add your own icons to the Cornerstone and Pro builders. From exisiting fonts to totally custom SVG icons, no more messing around with CSS or image elements. It’s now all baked in.
Can I upload more than one Fontello package to a single site?
You bet! Upload as many as you like, they will all work. However, there are a couple tips to make it work better: 1) make sure you give each font a unique name (text box beside the Fontello download button). 2) Edit the unicode values on each font to be different. This step is a little time consuming, but by default, Fontello starts most new fonts with E800, which will cause a conflict when you upload more than one package.
HELP! It doesnt work?!
There is a small, small chance this plugin may not work on your web host. This is caused by two things generally: a mod_security rule flagging the ZIP upload, or the lack of PHP libraries needed to unzip files. Here’s the good news: your host can fix both of these easily. If they refuse, consider moving to a more modern host.
- Fix: delete font button not working
- Limit upload area to zip files only to prevent confusion
- Fixed icon font rendering after upload
- Added additional error alerts on font upload for hosts with no zip support
- Fix jQuery reloading of stylsheet in admin page
- Fix error where an un-named font will not render properly
- Fixed empty icon boxes in swatch for Pro version 2.2.5+
- Compatible with pre and post v2.2.x
- Regeneration of CSS is now heavily suggested after plugin and theme upgrades
- Added fix for Pro version 2.2.0+ (FontAwesome 5 update)
- Added “regenerate CSS” option to fix domain errors
- Added full l18n support for translations
- Fixed PHP 7.2 Notices
- Add SSL check for rare occurance of insecure content warning
- Add video tutorial to docs
- Minor text tweaks, spelling, etc
- Initial Public Version