This plugin allows you to easily add chatbots powered by IBM Watson Conversation to your…
|Author:||IBM Cognitive Class (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-06-2017|
|Total downloads:||11 470|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
This plugin requires the WordPress REST API Plugin to be installed. If you have WordPress 4.7 or later, this is installed by default.
Installing the Plugin
- Log in to your site’s Dashboard.
- Click on the
Pluginstab in the left panel, then click
- Search for “Watson Assistant” and the latest version will appear at the top of the list of results.
- Install the plugin by clicking the
- When installation finishes, click
This plugin can also be installed manually.
If your WordPress site is hosted by WordPress (with a URL like
websitename.wordpress.com), you need a paid plan to install plugins. If your WordPress is hosted separately, you should have no issue.
Building Your Chatbot
Learn how to set up your Watson Assistant chatbot with this quick free course.
You can see the Watson Assistant documentation for more information.
Once you’ve created your workspace using the course or the link above, you must connect it to your WordPress site.
Setting up the Plugin
From the Deploy tab of your workspace, you must obtain your username and password credentials in addition to the Workspace URL of your new workspace.
Enter these on the “Main Setup” tab of your settings page. Once you click “Save Changes”, the plugin will verify if the credentials are valid and notify you of whether or not the configuration was successful.
(Optional) By default, the chatbot shows up on all pages of your website. In the Behaviour tab of your settings page, you can choose which pages to show the chat bot on. You can also show the chat box inline within posts and pages using the shortcode
If you have a server-side caching plugin installed such as WP Super Cache, you may need to clear your cache after changing settings or deactivating the plugin. Otherwise, your action may not take effect.
What is the best place to learn how to create a chatbot?
Check out this free course to learn how to build your own chatbot.
Why should I use this?
Watson Assistant, when used with this plugin, allows you to build and deploy a fully customized chat bot with little technical knowledge. It can talk to your website’s visitors about whatever you choose, from helping navigate the website and providing support with common questions, to just having a casual conversation on a topic of interest.
Do I need to know how to code?
Nope. This plugin allows you to easily deploy chatbots that you create using the Watson Assistant service on IBM Cloud. This free course will guide you through this intuitive process – no prior technical knowledge necessary.
How do I see my chatbot’s conversations with users?
On the same page where you build your chatbot in IBM Cloud, you can click on the Improve tab to view and analyze past conversations with users.
- Fixed issue with new users entering workspace URL with username/password credentials
- Fixed “Enabled” setting bug
- Fixed compatibility issue with PHP versions lower than 5.6
- Added option for new type of credentials, used by services in Sydney
- Fixed small styling issues
- Fixed critical bug caused by missing files
- Reorganized and moved settings to top-level menu
- Fixed chat box minimize bug
- Fixed issue with chat box disappearing sometimes
- Added option for message delay with “typing” ellipses animation
- Fixed chat box preview in Appearance settings page
- Fixed issue with old credentials migration in some installations
- Fixed Context Variables bug
- Moved Clear Messages button to header
- Added timezone context variable
- Added example values to Context Variables page
- Added settings for FAB icon and text size
- New Context Variables Feature for using user account data in chat bot dialog
- Added full-screen specific font size
- Fixed chat box rendering bug
- Small UI improvements
- Fixed full screen caching issue
- Fixed issue with rendering lists in messages
- Added PHP compatibility check upon activation
- Small CSS improvements
- Fixed transient checks
- Decreased lower font size limit
- Added setting to control message displayed after API limit overage
- Added setting to temporarily disable chatbot without having to deactivate plugin
- Fixed compatibility issues with PHP 5.3
- Rebrand from Watson Conversation to Watson Assistant
- More detailed debug info for credential validation failure
- Added chat box shortcode feature
- Added more text customization to Appearance tab
- Added CSS caching to reduce server load
- Fixed bug causing some websites to have issues sending messages
- Added tooltips to settings
- Changed appearance of muliple-message responses
- Improved full screen customization
- Fixed appearance of send button for certain websites
- Fixed styling issues for some devices
- Improved spacing of chat box button
- Added more customization for chat box minimized state
- Added option for Send Message button
- Fixed appearance of multiple-message responses from chatbot
- Fixed issue with chat button remaining clickable when invisible
- Fixed browser caching issue preventing chatbox from appearing initially after updates
- Modified WordPress hooks
- Fixed bug with credentials validation
- Added WordPress hooks for sending and receiving messages
- Added extra debug information for credential validation failure
- Added Chat Button customization
- Fixed bug with Advanced page showing on wrong tab
- Added Preset Response Options feature
- Fixed issue where typing in message box caused media in previous messages to reload
- Added compatiblity with Internet Explorer
- Fixed chat box rendering for some WordPress installations
- Fixed visual bug with long words in messages
- Fixed issue with voice call settings validation
- Added settings tab to help introduce plugin to new users
- Made some settings more intuitive
- Settings on all tabs are submitted together now
- Fixed bug with setting to start chat box minimized
- Fixed bug in Voice Call UI customization
- Removed font size cap, fixed font size issues for full screen
- Added voice calling feature using Twilio
- Improved compatibility with older PHP versions
- Added setting for full-screen UI on non-mobile devices
- Fixes bug causing links from chatbot to be same color as background.
- Improves backwards compatibility with older PHP versions
- Improves iOS support.
- Fixes bug where settings changes do not take effect.
- New UI for mobile devices.
- Added ability to clear messages.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- Fixed critical bug causing chat box to stick to cursor on some browsers, on some pages.
- Fixed some UI issues with the chat box being hidden and not staying minimized across pages.
Show on Home Pageoption to
Show on Front Pageinstead.
- Changed UI to use floating action button for minimizing.
- Added setting allowing admin to specify API base URL.