This plugin allows you to easily add chatbots powered by IBM Watson Conversation to your…
|Author:||IBM Cognitive Class (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-06-2017|
|Total downloads:||1 497|
Click to start download
This plugin requires the WordPress REST API Plugin to be installed. If you have WordPress 4.7 or later, this is installed by default.
Installing the Plugin
- Log in to your site’s Dashboard.
- Click on the
Pluginstab in the left panel, then click
- Search for “Watson Conversation” and the latest version will appear at the top of the list of results.
- Install the plugin by clicking the
- When installation finishes, click
This plugin can also be installed manually.
If your WordPress site is hosted by WordPress (with a URL like
websitename.wordpress.com), you need a paid plan to install plugins. If your WordPress is hosted separately, you should have no issue.
Building Your Chatbot
Sign up for a free IBM Cloud Light account here.
Learn how to set up your Watson Conversation chatbot with this free course.
You can see this page for more information.
Configuring the Plugin
From the Deploy tab, you can obtain your username and password credentials in addition to the Workspace ID of your new workspace. Enter these in the Workspace Credentials section of the settings page for your Watson Conversation plugin on WordPress.
In your plugin settings, you can choose which pages to show the chat bot on. Your chat bot should now pop up on the pages you chose.
If you have a server-side caching plugin installed such as WP Super Cache, you may need to clear your cache after changing settings or deactivating the plugin. Otherwise, your action may not take effect.
What is the best place to learn how to create a chatbot?
Check out this free course to learn how to build your own chatbot.
Why should I use this?
Watson Conversation, when used with this plugin, allows you to build and deploy a fully customized chat bot with little technical knowledge. It can talk to your website’s visitors about whatever you choose, from helping navigate the website and providing support with common questions, to just having a casual conversation on a topic of interest.
Do I need to know how to code?
Nope. This plugin allows you to easily deploy chatbots that you create using the Watson Conversation service on IBM Bluemix. This free course will guide you through this intuitive process – no prior technical knowledge necessary.
How do I see my chatbot’s conversations with users?
On the same page where you build your chatbot in Bluemix, you can click on the Improve tab to view and analyze past conversations with users.
- Fixes bug causing links from chatbot to be same color as background.
- Improves backwards compatibility with older PHP versions
- Improves iOS support.
- Fixes bug where settings changes do not take effect.
- New UI for mobile devices.
- Added ability to clear messages.
- Fixed several small bugs.
- Fixed critical bug causing chat box to stick to cursor on some browsers, on some pages.
- Fixed some UI issues with the chat box being hidden and not staying minimized across pages.
Show on Home Pageoption to
Show on Front Pageinstead.
- Changed UI to use floating action button for minimizing.
- Added setting allowing admin to specify API base URL.