Adds an option to Contact Form 7's "Text area", for Max Wordcount to be specified. Limits textarea to that max wordcount on front end.
|Author:||Alex Chousmith (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.3|
|WordPress version tested:||4.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||04-01-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||6 096|
Click to start download
Does this plugin do anything if the Contact Form 7 plugin is not used?
No, this plugin only adds some more functionality to Contact Form 7, and does nothing if that plugin is not installed/used.
Where can I post comments/questions/suggestions?
All comments/questions/suggestions/praise/criticisms should go to http://www.ninthlink.com/2010/12/30/contact-form-7-textarea-wordcount/ . Thanks.
- updated plugin Description
- 2 years later, update this plugin to work with the latest v4.4 version of CF7 rather than only working with CF7 v3.0 – v3.3.3
- Tweaked Description wording
- Updated minimum WordPress requirements to go along with CF7 v4.4 requirements
- Removed the closing php tag at the bottom of the plugin
- Removed the question mark on the last changelog bullet of v1.0.2?
- updated README to reflect testing up to WP 3.9 with CF7 up to 3.3.3. Working on support for more recent CF7 changes
- fixed PHP WSOD errors in the even that this plugin is activated before Contact Form 7 itself is activated
- moved screenshots into assets folder
- Verified conditional so Word Count on the front end only appears beneath textareas that have “max wordcount” specified
- Initial release of the plugin