This plugin automatically updates all plugins, all themes and the wordpress core in the background.
|Author:||Papin Schipper (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-05-2016|
|Total downloads:||333 453|
|Active installs:||30 000+|
Click to start download
Full control over what to update and when to recieve notifications
Disable auto-updating for certain plugins
Advanced scheduling options for updating and notifcations
Keep track of updates with the update log
- Download Companion Auto Update.
- Upload the ‘Companion Auto Update’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate Companion Auto Update from your Plugins page.
- Search for ‘Companion Auto Update’.
- Click install.
Settings can be found trough Tools > Auto Updater
Where can I find the settings?
You can find the settings under Tools > Auto updating
How often does this plugin check for updates?
By default the updater will run twice a day, but you can change this to every hour or to daily. When set to daily you can even set the time at which it should run.
Can I change how often it checks and/or updates?
Yes you can. Go to the dashboard > Scheduling
Can I disable auto updating for certain plugins?
Yes. You can control auto-updating per plugin via the plugin filter.
I’m using cPanel and auto-updating doens’t work
If you launched your website a few years ago using cPanel it could be the case that auto-updating is broken. We’ve contacted cPanel and they said to remove the “AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED” line from your wp-config file.
3.1.2 (May 14, 2018)
- Fix error: Notice: Undefined index: cau_page
3.1.1 (May 12, 2018)
- Reorganized the dashboard to cleaner
3.1.0 (May 11, 2018)
- New: Status page. We’ve introduced a status page to be able to provide better help when an error occurs. This page will be updated with even more info in coming updates.
3.0.9 (April 17, 2018)
- Fix: Successful update emails to multiple adresses. We took our time to really test this one but it works now! Promise!
- Update available emails might still be broken.
- Improvement: Email notifications no long show updates done in the last 2 days but instead changed depending on the interval of the emails.
3.0.8 (March 22, 2018)
- Fix: Error “Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference”
3.0.7 (March 15, 2018)
- We’ve recieved a bunch of feedback since the last few updates and we’ve listened!
- If the schedule is NOT daily – hide the hours object. show it only when daily is selected.
- Disable Notifications: Many requested a “Never” option for email notifications, this was already there, just on the dashboard. We want to keep this plugin clean so we’re not going to add 2 settings for this, instead we now show a message stating “To disable email notifications go to the dashboard and uncheck everything under Email Notifications”.
- Some people reported settings on the schedule page not saving, they were saved but the page required a reload to display the changes. We get how this can be confusing so we’ve fixed this.
3.0.6 (March 14, 2018)
- Fix: Support & Feedback tab not working
3.0.5 (March 14, 2018)
- Fix: Time schedule scheduling an hour before set time
- New: Support & Feedback page
3.0.4 (March 12, 2018)
- Fix: Schedule Time not able to set! Read support topic here
3.0.3 (February 28, 2018)
- Added update time to changelog
- Minor tweaks to mobile design
3.0.2 (February 10, 2018)
- Security improvements
3.0 (February 10, 2018)
- New: Set the update time, many requested this feature so here it is 🙂
- New: Update log
- Fixed issue where multiple emailaddresses wouldn’t work.