This plugin automatically updates all plugins, all themes and the wordpress core in the background.
|Author:||Papin Schipper (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-05-2016|
|Total downloads:||454 119|
|Active installs:||30 000+|
Click to start download
Full control over what to update and when to recieve notifications
Disable auto-updating for certain plugins
Advanced scheduling options for updating and notifcations
Keep track of updates with the update log
How to install Companion Auto Update
- Download Companion Auto Update.
- Upload the ‘Companion Auto Update’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate Companion Auto Update from your Plugins page.
- Search for ‘Companion Auto Update’.
- Click install.
Settings can be found trough Tools > Auto Updater
Can I disable auto updating for certain plugins?
Yes. You can control auto-updating per plugin via the plugin filter.
I’m using cPanel and auto-updating doesn’t work
A few years ago cPanel added a line by default that would disable auto-updating. According to cPanel this can be fixed by removing the line “AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED” from your wp-config file.
My theme by Elegant Themes is not updating
For some reason this plugin seems to have trouble with updating themes by Elegant Themes on some installs. I’ve reached out to Elegant Themes and they couldn’t help me. They said that if you’re experiencing problems with it you should contact them and they would help you with it.
3.2.0 (August 11, 2018)
- Improved: Email notifications just got better and now contain version numbers.
- Improved: Explained the difference between major and minor WordPress core updates.
3.1.5 (August 9, 2018)
- I almost feel silly for pushing this as an update but the theme update notification said theme instead of themes.
3.1.4 (August 8, 2018)
- Fix: No theme update notification
3.1.3 (August 3, 2018)
- Fix: Issue with , in links in email notifications
3.1.2 (May 14, 2018)
- Fix error: Notice: Undefined index: cau_page
3.1.1 (May 12, 2018)
- Reorganized the dashboard to cleaner
3.1.0 (May 11, 2018)
- New: Status page. We’ve introduced a status page to be able to provide better help when an error occurs. This page will be updated with even more info in coming updates.
3.0.9 (April 17, 2018)
- Fix: Successful update emails to multiple adresses. We took our time to really test this one but it works now! Promise!
- Update available emails might still be broken.
- Improvement: Email notifications no long show updates done in the last 2 days but instead changed depending on the interval of the emails.
3.0.8 (March 22, 2018)
- Fix: Error “Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference”
3.0.7 (March 15, 2018)
- We’ve recieved a bunch of feedback since the last few updates and we’ve listened!
- If the schedule is NOT daily – hide the hours object. show it only when daily is selected.
- Disable Notifications: Many requested a “Never” option for email notifications, this was already there, just on the dashboard. We want to keep this plugin clean so we’re not going to add 2 settings for this, instead we now show a message stating “To disable email notifications go to the dashboard and uncheck everything under Email Notifications”.
- Some people reported settings on the schedule page not saving, they were saved but the page required a reload to display the changes. We get how this can be confusing so we’ve fixed this.
3.0.6 (March 14, 2018)
- Fix: Support & Feedback tab not working
3.0.5 (March 14, 2018)
- Fix: Time schedule scheduling an hour before set time
- New: Support & Feedback page
3.0.4 (March 12, 2018)
- Fix: Schedule Time not able to set! Read support topic here
3.0.3 (February 28, 2018)
- Added update time to changelog
- Minor tweaks to mobile design
3.0.2 (February 10, 2018)
- Security improvements
3.0 (February 10, 2018)
- New: Set the update time, many requested this feature so here it is 🙂
- New: Update log
- Fixed issue where multiple emailaddresses wouldn’t work.