A Compact WP Audio Player Pluign that is compatible with all major browsers and devices (Android, iPhone)
|Author:||Tips and Tricks HQ (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||04-03-2013|
|Total downloads:||297 633|
|Active installs:||40 000+|
Click to start download
- Upload the “sc_audio_player.zip” file via the WordPress’s plugin uploader (Plugins -> Add New -> Upload)
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Create a page or post to show the player using shortcode.
- Add shortcode anywhere in the post/page like: [sc_embed_player fileurl=”mp3 file url”]
Will my audio file work in all major browsers?
Can I loop the audio files embedded using this plugin?
Will the audio player work on iOS devices?
- Updated the audio player for iOS 10 safari.
- WordPress 4.6 compatible.
- Bugfix – Audio player embedded with the “autoplay” flag (in the default template) wasn’t changing the pause button icon to a play button icon after the audio file finished playing.
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility.
- Corrected a typo in the play button image file name.
- changed the uniqid() function to use the “more_entropy” parameter so the value is more unique.
- Fixed a minor bug with internet explorer.
- Fixed a minor bug (new player template1) with the “loops” parameter.
- Fixed a minor bug in the new player template1 with the “autoplay” parameter.
1.9 – Added a new shortcode for a different audio player with seek bar and volume control in the player. The documentation has usage details of this new shortcode.
1.8 – Added the option to specify both an .mp3 and .ogg version of the audio file in the shortocode.
1.7 – WordPress 3.8 compatibility
1.6 – Added an option to disable simultaneous playback. It will automatically stop the audio file that is currently playing when a user plays a new file.
1.5 – added a auto loop parameter option in the shortcode to automatically loop the audio file
1.4 – added a volume parameter option in the shortcode so you can specify the volume of the audio
1.3 – Added the autoplay option in the shortcode.
1.2 – added the ability to spcify a container class via the shortcode (helpful for CSS customization)