A widget to make tag clouds out of multiple taxonomies, across multiple post types and control their appearance.
|Author:||Keith Drakard (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.11|
|Added to WordPress repository:||31-03-2016|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||2 321|
Click to start download
The normal WP Tag Cloud widget only uses one taxonomy at a time, and doesn’t handle the default post_tag or category taxonomies being assigned to custom post types.
With this plugin, you can now configure (on a per-widget basis):
- which taxonomies and post types are to be included,
- the size of the smallest and largest tags (in different font units),
- which terms should always be excluded from the cloud,
- the maximum number of tags to show in the cloud,
- how to order the tags – alphabetically or by number of tagged posts (ascending or descending), or just randomly,
- how to treat tags with just one entry – leave alone, remove them or link directly to that post,
- whether to make links no-follow,
- what case the tags should appear as,
- the widget background and tag background/foreground colours,
- and how long each widget’s output should be saved for, if at all.
Enter your (optional) title, and pick which taxonomies and post types will be picked for this cloud.
Choose the size range of the tags, which ones should never appear and what order to display them in.
More options - how to deal with single count tags, link behaviour and tag appearance, as well as how long to store the resulting HTML.
- Bugfix: transient was only saving a single instance
- Bugfix: crashed in a different place if you deleted a taxonomy while it was selected in a widget
- Tested with WP 5.2.1
- Tested with WP 4.6.1
- Bugfix: crashed if you deleted a taxonomy while it was selected in a widget
- Enhancement: added colour pickers
- Bugfix: tidied up the stylesheet
- Initial release.