This is a plugin to hide pages from navigation and/or search results using custom fields, parent and child pages are supported too
|Author:||CleanCodeNZ (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||Not tested|
|WordPress version tested:||3.0.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||13-10-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||4 497|
Click to start download
This plugin allows you to define the custom field to be attached to a page to be excluded from navigation and(or) search results.
As the exclusion is done through highly optimized cached general wordpress query, and queried once for even hierarchical data, this would provide best performance and scalability. It is using custom fields without creating field or table, it is done in the most unobtrusive way. Pages that have parent and child relationships are fully supported without any hassle.
Any issues: contact me.
What happens for parent and child pages
- When parent is excluded, child page is excluded, ==> neither appears
- When parent is excluded, child page is not excluded, ==> only child page will appear
- When parent is not excluded, child page is excluded, ==> only parent page will appear
- When parent is not excluded, child page is not excluded, ==> both parent and child page will appear
What do the options mean
- Exclude from search too =1 , Exclude from search only =1 ==> Exclude from search results only
- Exclude from search too =1 , Exclude from search only =0 ==> Exclude from both navigation and search results
- Exclude from search too =0 , Exclude from search only =1 ==> Exclude from search results only
- Exclude from search too =0 , Exclude from search only =0 ==> Exclude from navigation only
It is obvious not the smartest way to configure two exclusions, but has to be done like this to make it backward compatible.
Where can I find help for this plugin
You can find more information of this plugin from CleanCodeNz Exclude Pages WordPress Plugin
1.0.0 : First release
1.1.0 : Exclude from search feature added.
1.2.0 : Parent and child pages support added.
2.0.0 : Exclude from search results only is added, so now this plugin can be used for exclude from navigation or exclude from search results or both.