Game Streaming Solution for Twitch – TwitchPress (not affiliated or endorsed by Twitch Interactive, Inc.)
|Author:||Ryan Bayne (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-10-2016|
|Total downloads:||1 453|
Click to start download
- Method 1: Move folder inside the .zip file into the “wp-content/plugins/” directory if your website is stored locally. Then upload the new plugin folder using your FTP program.
- Method 2: Use your hosting control panels file manager to upload the plugin folder (not the .zip, only the folder inside it) to the “wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Method 3: In your WordPress admin click on Plugins then click on Add New. You can search for your plugin there and perform the installation easily. This method does not apply to premium plugins.
Can I hire you to customize the plugin for me?
Yes you can pay the plugin author to improve the plugin to suit your needs. Many improvements will be done free so
post your requirements on the plugins forum first.
- DEV – Finished error description array in Twitch API library.
- DEV – Made changes to Kraken status array, removed duplicate and re-ordered entries.
- DEV – New constant allows us to switch between TWitch API library versions (preparing for version 6).
- DEV – Created functions.kraken-endpoints.php – offers an array of Twitch API endpoints and information.
- INF – New endpoints file is intended to aid development.
- DEV – Started a Twitter API library for all extensions to use.
- DEV – Function kraken_httpstatuses() improved to return the correct wiki or twitch site status text.
- DEV – Status section in Help tab now outputs specific text relating to the status code and not just the code.
- DEV – Renamed twitchpress_current_user_allowed() to twitchpress_are_errors_allowed().
- DEV – Can now enter “BYPASS” instead of a user ID for BugNet error dump control.
- DEV – Can now enter “ADMIN” instead of user ID so all administrators can see error output.
- NEW – The recently released TwitchPress Embed Everything plugin has been added to the Setup Wizard.
- DEV – Removed defining of TWITCHPRESS_UPLOADS_DIR (was not yet in use)
- FIX – Removed wp_upload_dir() from define_constants() due to memory related error.
- DEV – Updated the language domain within Kraken5 – specifically the list of HTTP status.
- DEV – Renamed all uses of Kraken5 to just Kraken as we prepare to switch between Twitch API versions easily.
- DEV – All BugNet switches are now off (no) by default to encourage a gradual increase of logging activity when needed.
- DEV – Error dumps in the footer now happen on PHP shutdown (using shutdown hook) which makes errors easier to see on admin side.
- DEV – BugNet activation switch removed. Individual handler switches should be used to reduce logging activity.
- DEV – Deleted debug class file after migrating functions to core files.
- DEV – Error dumps are now done in footer to prevent header output errors.
- DEV – Final step in setup wizard updated with links and “Contact Ryan” changed to “Support”.
- DEV – Example redirect URL in setup wizard is now based on the actual site domain using get_site_url().
- FIX – If BugNet is deactivated it causes error in the Twitch API because the library is not included within the core file if BugNet switched off.
- DEV – Changed “Create a Post” button to “Post to Twitch” for clarity on post type.
- DEV – HTTPDStatus log entries will only happen if Twitch returns something other than a 200 code.
- NEW – Can now share any post type.
- DEV – BugNet log entries are now level 100 by default meaning this level alone can be deactivated. Allows focus on higher level log entries.
- FIX – Error on daily log view when no logging has happened for the day resulting in no log file yet.
- DEV – Added new var_dump_twitchpress() function which only dumps when specified user is making the request.
- DEV – Add new wp_die_twitchpress() function which only works if specific user makes request.
- NEW – Setting for BugNet for entry of user ID. Errors will only be displayed for the entered user.
- FIX – Uninstallation class is now included in the uninstall.php file fixing uninstall error.
- DEV – Added TwitchPress UM Extension to the extensions list in Setup Wizard.
- NEW – Option added to disable system logging in BugNet when performing any logging to the plugins own log files.
- DEV – twitchpress_redirect_tracking() now always adds a new value to the URL as a measure to prevent looping.
- DEV – twitchpress_redirect_tracking() refuses redirect if “twitchpressredirected=1” is already in URL.
- DEV – System log entries are not prepended with “TwitchPress: ” and “TwitchPress Error: “.
- DEV – Logging greatly increased in Kraken5 (Twitch API library for WordPress) – using BugNet for WordPress
- DEV – All generateError() replaced with BugNet logging which will increase logging for most API calls.
- NEW – Daily Log tab in Data area displays a more constant history than traces which are primarily designed for investigations.
- FIX – Subscription query now relies on a returned array and not a status which was causing problems.
- DEV – Removed get_subscribers_plan() from Kraken library as it is no longer needed.
- DEV – Now displaying URL on TWitch API Requests table.
- DEV – New core function for validating Twitch sub plan string.
- FIX – Unknown bug broke the Kraken5 library and required rollback.
When To Update
Browse the changes log and decide if an update is required. There is nothing wrong with skipping version if it does not
help you – look for security related changes or new features that could really benefit you. If you do not see any you may want
to avoid updating. If you decide to apply the new version – do so after you have backedup your entire WordPress installation
(files and data). Files only or data only is not a suitable backup. Every WordPress installation is different and creates a different
environment for WTG Task Manager – possibly an environment that triggers faults with the new version of this software. This is common
in software development and it is why we need to make preparations that allow reversal of major changes to our website.