Game Streaming Solution for Twitch – TwitchPress (not affiliated or endorsed by Twitch Interactive, Inc.)
|Author:||Ryan Bayne (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-10-2016|
|Total downloads:||1 095|
Click to start download
- Method 1: Move folder inside the .zip file into the “wp-content/plugins/” directory if your website is stored locally. Then upload the new plugin folder using your FTP program.
- Method 2: Use your hosting control panels file manager to upload the plugin folder (not the .zip, only the folder inside it) to the “wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Method 3: In your WordPress admin click on Plugins then click on Add New. You can search for your plugin there and perform the installation easily. This method does not apply to premium plugins.
Can I hire you to customize the plugin for me?
Yes you can pay the plugin author to improve the plugin to suit your needs. Many improvements will be done free so
post your requirements on the plugins forum first.
- DEV – Added new var_dump_twitchpress() function which only dumps when specified user is making the request.
- DEV – Add new wp_die_twitchpress() function which only works if specific user makes request.
- NEW – Setting for BugNet for entry of user ID. Errors will only be displayed for the entered user.
- FIX – Uninstallation class is now included in the uninstall.php file fixing uninstall error.
- DEV – Added TwitchPress UM Extension to the extensions list in Setup Wizard.
- NEW – Option added to disable system logging in BugNet when performing any logging to the plugins own log files.
- DEV – twitchpress_redirect_tracking() now always adds a new value to the URL as a measure to prevent looping.
- DEV – twitchpress_redirect_tracking() refuses redirect if “twitchpressredirected=1” is already in URL.
- DEV – System log entries are not prepended with “TwitchPress: ” and “TwitchPress Error: “.
- DEV – Logging greatly increased in Kraken5 (Twitch API library for WordPress) – using BugNet for WordPress
- DEV – All generateError() replaced with BugNet logging which will increase logging for most API calls.
- NEW – Daily Log tab in Data area displays a more constant history than traces which are primarily designed for investigations.
- FIX – Subscription query now relies on a returned array and not a status which was causing problems.
- DEV – Removed get_subscribers_plan() from Kraken library as it is no longer needed.
- DEV – Now displaying URL on TWitch API Requests table.
- DEV – New core function for validating Twitch sub plan string.
- FIX – Unknown bug broke the Kraken5 library and required rollback.
When To Update
Browse the changes log and decide if an update is required. There is nothing wrong with skipping version if it does not
help you – look for security related changes or new features that could really benefit you. If you do not see any you may want
to avoid updating. If you decide to apply the new version – do so after you have backedup your entire WordPress installation
(files and data). Files only or data only is not a suitable backup. Every WordPress installation is different and creates a different
environment for WTG Task Manager – possibly an environment that triggers faults with the new version of this software. This is common
in software development and it is why we need to make preparations that allow reversal of major changes to our website.