Game Streaming Solution for Twitch – TwitchPress (not affiliated or endorsed by Twitch Interactive, Inc.)
|Author:||Ryan Bayne (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-10-2016|
|Total downloads:||2 049|
Click to start download
- Method 1: Move folder inside the .zip file into the “wp-content/plugins/” directory if your website is stored locally. Then upload the new plugin folder using your FTP program.
- Method 2: Use your hosting control panels file manager to upload the plugin folder (not the .zip, only the folder inside it) to the “wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Method 3: In your WordPress admin click on Plugins then click on Add New. You can search for your plugin there and perform the installation easily. This method does not apply to premium plugins.
Can I hire you to customize the plugin for me?
Yes you can pay the plugin author to improve the plugin to suit your needs. Many improvements will be done free so
post your requirements on the plugins forum first.
- FIX – Corrected variable name $functions to $function in the new twitchpress_is_sync_due() function.
- DONE – Added new FAQ to Help tab.
- DONE – Corrected text domain “appointments” to “twitchpress” in around 20 locations.
- DONE – Prevented direct access to some files in the library directory including library.twitchbot.php for better security.
- DONE – New functions for managing sync event delays added to core functions file.
- FIX – Authorization of main account was taking user to a broken URL.
- FIX – PHP 7 does not accept rand( 10000000000000, 99999999999999 ) so broken it down into two separate rand().
- FIX – Above changes fixes problem when authorizing main account and having missing credentials.
- DEVS – The $code value in class.kraken-api.php is no longer url escaped.
- DEVS – oAuth part removed from Setup Wizard when submitting application credentials.
- DEVS – twitchpress_setup_application_save() no longer stores channel ID as current users Twitch ID.
- DEVS – Help tab has been updated to display User and App statuses with the permitted scope for each.
- DONE – Added textareas to the Result column of the API Requests table to compact rows.
- DONE – API Requests time column now shows the time that has passed and now raw time() value.
- DEVS – API calls for checking app token using check_application_token() will no longer be logged as it is too common.
- DONE – Use of get_top_games() in Help section is now logged better by adding the using function.
- DEVS – Status sections in Help tab are now cached for 120 seconds due to the increasing number of calls within the feature.
- DEVS – checkUserSubscription() no longer defaults token to the application token despite being a user side request.
- DEVS – $code parameter removed from checkUserSubscription() as is no longer in use.
- DEVS – $code parameter removed from getUserSubscription() as it is no longer in use.
- DONE – User Status section in the Help tab now displays subscription data.
- BUGS – The is_user_subscribed_to_main_channel() function was using WordPress user ID where Twitch user ID should be used.
- DEVS – Removed $code parameter from checkUserSubscription()
- DONE – Removed the Change Log link in Help tab. There is no currently an external change log.
- DEVS – Changed multiple if to elseif in administrator_main_account_listener) to reduce the script time as currently multiple if are being checked in all situations.
- DEVS – Credential related functions moved from functions.twitchpress-core.php to the new functions.twitchpress-credentials.php
- DEVS – twitchpress_update_user_twitchid() no longer updates twitchpress_auth_time which has not been used as far as I can tell.
- INFO – The new functions.twitchpress-credentials.php file intends to clear up some confusion with credential management.
- DEVS – Added security check to the Setup Wizard (now requires user to have activate_plugins capability to enter the wizard).
- DEVS – Renamed checkUserSubscription() to get_users_subscription_apicall()
- BUGS – Introduced a bug to scope checkboxes in 1.6.3
- DEVS – Isset applied to display_name to avoid notice.
- DEVS – Changed die() to wp_die() in class.twitchpress-admin-settings.php function save().
- BUGS – Notice will now be displayed when saving General settings.
- DEVS – Removed twitchpress_redirect_tracking() and exit() line from class.twitchpress-settings-general.php.
- INFO – The redirect for refresh in general settings prevented notice output. No reason for the redirect/refresh.
- DONE – Submitting the Sync Values view will no longer request a new application token which resulted in a notice.
- DONE – Added twitchstatus.com link to the Status section in Help tab to encourage indepedent investigation.
- DEVS – Changed scope checkboxes to a new input type that allows an icon to be displayed indicating required status.
- INFO – Scope list now indicates which scopes are required with a tick and all others with a cross.
- DONE – Improved the Status section in Help tab.
- TEXT – Changed “Invalid user token” to “Token has expired” to seem less like a fault.
- DEVS – Removed 2nd of 2 parameters from postFeedPost() as it would never be used.
- DEVS – publish_to_feed() now gets the current users token and passes it to postFeedPost().
- DEVS – postFeedPost() now requires a user token to be passed.
- FILE – Deleted class.twitchpress-admin-main-views.php (not in use).
- FILE – Delete “includes/admin/mainviews/” as it was never used.
- BUGS – User token problems fixed.
- DEV – Scope value removed from request_app_access_token()
- DEV – request_app_access_token() now updates the stored token.
- DEV – WP posts will be shareable by default now to avoid confusion.
- FIX – Ripple of changes through Kraken 5 library to improve token handling.
- DEV – Function generateToken() is now request_user_access_token().
- DEV – $code parameter removed from getChannelObject_Authd().
- DEV – getChannelObject_Authd() replaced with get_tokens_channel().
- DEV – twitchpress_prepare_scopes() adds + and not literal spaces.
- DEV – Status section of Help tab now performs more tests.
- INFO – 400, 401 and 500 errors returned again but have been addressed.
- DEV – get-channel-subscribers() no longer uses add_query_args().
- DEV – Added new user meta “twitchpress_token_refresh”.
- DEV – Removed wp_setcookie_twitchoauth2_ongoing() (not in use or complete).
- DEV – administrator_main_account_listener() now uses establish_user_token() instead of request_user_access_token().
- TEX – Changed “Channel Name” on Setup Wizard to “Main Channel Name”.
- TEX – Changed “ZypheREvolved, StarCitizen, TESTSquadron” to “ZypheREvolved, StarCitizen, nookyyy”.
When To Update
Browse the changes log and decide if an update is required. There is nothing wrong with skipping version if it does not
help you – look for security related changes or new features that could really benefit you. If you do not see any you may want
to avoid updating. If you decide to apply the new version – do so after you have backedup your entire WordPress installation
(files and data). Files only or data only is not a suitable backup. Every WordPress installation is different and creates a different
environment for WTG Task Manager – possibly an environment that triggers faults with the new version of this software. This is common
in software development and it is why we need to make preparations that allow reversal of major changes to our website.