Adds support for conditional fields to Contact Form 7.
This plugin depends on Contact Form 7.
|Author:||Jules Colle (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-06-2016|
|Total downloads:||101 543|
|Active installs:||30 000+|
Click to start download
Please follow the standard installation procedure for WordPress plugins.
Follow this tutorial if you are not sure how to use the plugin.
Email message is not showing the correct values
All field names should be unique
Even though your fields might never show up at the same time, it is still important to realize that WPCF7CF will not remove the fields, it merely hides them. So all fields will be submitted when the form is sent. Because of this no two fields can have the same name.
Incorrect form (2 input elements having the same name “a”):
[group group-1][select a "1" "2" "3"][/group] [group group-2][select a "1" "2" "3"][/group]
Correct form (all groups and fields have unique names):
[group group-1][select a "1" "2" "3"][/group] [group group-2][select b "1" "2" "3"][/group]
All my groups show up all the time and never get hidden.
Before reaching out to the support forum try to determine which plugin or theme is causing the problem, by gradually disabling plugins and changing theme.
Reason #2: wp_footer() isn’t loaded
Check if your theme is calling the
wp_footer() function. Typically this function will be called in your theme’s footer.php file.
<?php wp_footer(); ?>
How do i show fields based on multiple conditions? (AND, OR, NAND, NOR)
if a=1 AND b=2 then, show [group x]
You will need to create nested groups for the number of conditions, so your form might look like this:
[select a "1" "2" "3"] [select b "1" "2" "3"] [group x-1][group x-2]TADA![/group][/group]
and use these conditions
if [a] equals "1" then show [x-1] if [b] equals "2" then show [x-2]
if a=1 OR b=2 then, show [group x]
This is more straightforward, as OR conditions are assumed. Giving this form:
[select a "1" "2" "3"] [select b "1" "2" "3"] [group x]TADA![/group]
You can simply use these conditions:
if [a] equals "1" then show [x] if [b] equals "2" then show [x]
if a=1 NAND b=2 then, show [group x]
Same form as OR, but just use “not equals” instead of “equals”:
if [a] not equals "1" then show [x] if [b] not equals "2" then show [x]
if a=1 NOR b=2 then, show [group x]
Same form as AND, but just use “not equals” instead of “equals”:
if [a] not equals "1" then show [x-1] if [b] not equals "2" then show [x-2]
- small fix (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpcf7_contactform-object-is-no-longer-accessible/)
- Changes tested with WP 4.7.5 and CF7 4.8
- Changed the inner mechanics a bit to make the plugin more edge-case proof and prepare for future ajax support
- Fix problems introduced by CF7 4.8 update
- Small bug fix (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-depreciated-warning/#post-9151404)
- Removed a piece of code that was trying to load a non existing stylesheet
- Updated FAQ
- Code rearangement and additions for the upcomming Conditional Fields Pro plugin
- Fixed bug in 1.3 that broke everything
- Fixed small bug with integration with Contact Form 7 Multi-Step Forms
- Also trigger hiding/showing of groups while typing or pasting text in input fields
- Added support for input type=”reset”
- Added animations
- Added settings page to wp-admin: Contact > Conditional Fields
- Make plugin compatible with CF7 Multi Step by NinjaTeam https://wordpress.org/plugins/cf7-multi-step/
- Improve compatibility with Signature Addon some more.
- Fix critical bug that was present in version 1.2 and 1.2.1
- Improve compatibility with Contact Form 7 Signature Addon: now allowing multiple hidden signature fields.
- Made compatible with Contact Form 7 Multi-Step Forms
- Small bug fix by Manual from advantia.net: now only considering fields which are strictly inside hidden group tags with form submit. Important in some edge cases where form elements get hidden by other mechanisms, i.e. tabbed forms.
- Started work on WPCF7CF Pro, made some structural code modifications so the free plugin can function as the base for both plugins.
- Removed some debug code
- Updated readme file
- Added import feature
- Added support for nested groups in email
- Tested on WP version 4.7.2 with Contact Form 7 version 4.6.1
- I feel that at this point the plugin is stable enough in most cases, so it’s about time to take it out of beta 🙂
- Update JS en CSS version numbers
- Fix PHP warning with forms that are not using conditional fields (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/conditional-formatting-error/)
- Tested on WP 4.7.1
- Re-added wpcf7_add_shortcode() function if wpcf7_add_form_tag() is not found, because some people claimed to get a “function not found” error for the wpcf7_add_form_tag function with the latest version of CF7 installed. (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/activation-issue-5/ and https://wordpress.org/support/topic/http-500-unable-to-handle-request-error-after-update/)
- Fixed some PHP notices (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/undefined-index-error-in-ajax-response/)
- Attempted to fix error with the CF7 success page redirects plugin (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/warning-invalid-argument-error-for-forms-without-conditional-fields/)
- forgot to update version number in 0.2.7, so changing version to 0.2.8 now.
- Added support for conditional fields in the email (2) field
- Got rid of some PHP warnings
- Saving a form only once, directly after adding or removing conditions, caused conditional logic not to work. This is fixed now. Thanks to @cpaprotna for pointing me in the right direction. (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-more-than-3-conditional-statements/)
- Fix validation error with hidden checkbox groups (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hidden-group-required-field-is-showing-error/)
- Fixed problems with exclusive checkboxes in IE (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/internet-explorer-conditional-exclusive-checkboxes/)
- Changed deprecated function wpcf7_add_shortcode to wpcf7_add_form_tag as it was causing errors in debug mode. (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpcf7_add_shortcode-deprecated-notice-2/)
- Removed the hide option and fixed the not-equals option for single checkboxes
- Fixed bug that destroyed the conditional fields in email functionality
- Added support for conditional fields in the other email fields (subject, sender, recipient, additional_headers). Thanks @stevish!
- WP 4.7 broke the required conditional fields inside hidden groups, implemented in version 0.2. Thanks again to @stevish for pointing this out.
- Got rid of checking which groups are hidden both on the front-end (JS) and in the back-end (PHP). Now this is only done in the front-end.
- Tested the plugin with WP 4.7
- Prevent strict standards notice to appear while adding new group via the “Conditional Fields Group” popup.
- Only load cf7cf admin styles and scripts on cf7 pages.
- groups are now reset to their initial states after the form is successfully submitted.
- Bug fix: arrow kept spinning after submitting a form without conditional fields. (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/version-0-2-gives-a-continues-spinning-arrow-after-submitting/)
- Removed anonymous functions from code, so the plugin also works for PHP versions older than 5.3.
- Suppress errors generated if user uses invalid HTML markup in their form code. These errors could prevent form success message from appearing.
- Added support for required conditional fields inside hidden groups. A big thank you to @stevish for implementing this.
- Added support for conditional fields in the email messages. This one also goes entirely to @stevish. Thanks man!
- Added @stevish as a contributer to the project 🙂
- Fix form not working in widgets or other places outside of the loop. Thanks to @ciprianolaru for the solution (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-unit_tag-when-not-in-the-loop-form-not-used-in-post-or-page/#post-8299801)
- Fix popup warning to leave page even tough no changes have been made. Thanks to @hhmaster2045 for reporting the bug. https://wordpress.org/support/topic/popup-warning-to-leave-page-even-though-no-changes-have-been-made
- Added export option for easier troubleshooting.
- made compatible with wpcf7-form-control-signature-wrap plugin https://wordpress.org/support/topic/signature-add-on-not-working
- fixed PHP notice thanks to @natalia_c https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-notice-80
- tested with WP 4.5.3
- Prevent conflicts between different forms on one page.
- Prevent conflicts between multiple instances of the same form on one page. (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-153)
- Changed regex to convert [group] tags to <div> tags, as it was posing some conflicts with other plugins (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-influence-cf7-send-button-style)
- Removed fielset, id and class attributes for group tags, because they weren’t used anyway and broke the shortcode
- If extra attributes are added to the group shortcode, this will no longer break functionality (even though no attributes are supported)
- Make code work with select element that allows multiple options.
Fixed bug with exclusive checkboxes (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/groups-not-showing)