Low cost and high performance page cache based on Amazon's CloudFront CDN that provides international fast website speed and dedicated geographic …
|Author:||PageSpeed.pro (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-01-2018|
Click to start download
CloudFront Page Cache
CloudFront Page Cache Settings
CloudFront Invalidation Form
International CloudFront Performance
CloudFront Network (2017)
WordPress plugin installation
- Upload the
cloudfront-page-cache/directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the plugin setup page or follow the below instructions.
CloudFront Page Cache installation
The setup of CloudFront, despite the many options, is very simple. The most important settings for this plugin to work are the correct configuration of the origin host, the CNAME (public host), creating a SSL certificate (optional) and setting the
X-CF-PAGE-CACHE header. The other settings are mostly for optimization purposes and we will provide some advise for achieving the best settings for your website.
To get started, login to AWS CloudFront Console, click the button Create Distribution and choose the Web Distribution type.
- Enter the origin host name in the Origin Domain Name field. By default, this plugin differentiates between origin and public hosts by the presence of
www.so if your public host is www.your-domain.com then you would enter yourdomain.com as your origin host. If you want to use your root domain then the www. version will be your origin host. You can customize this behaviour in the plugin settings.
- In the Origin Custom Headers field, add the header
X-CF-PAGE-CACHEwith the value
- In the Alternate Domain Names (CNAMEs) field, enter the public host (non-www. or www. version of the origin host).
- Set Cache Based on Selected Request Headers to
Whitelistand add the HTTP headers
Originto the list. This will prevent direct access to the CloudFront domain.
The other settings are optional but we advise to install a SSL certificate, force SSL using Viewer Policy: Redirect HTTP to HTTPS, forward query strings using Forward all, cache based on whitelist (useful for debugging and cache busting) and Compress Objects Automatically (enabled). You should also look at the option Origin Protocol Policy. If your origin forces SSL then the setting should be HTTPS only.
CloudFront will setup the distribution in a few minutes.
- Added functionality to set CloudFront cache age or expire date (HTTP headers).
- Added default CloudFront cache age setting.
- The first version.