A simple way to manage WordPress roles and capabilities. With this plugin you will be able to easily create and manage roles and capabilities.
|Author:||Jordi Canals (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.9|
|WordPress version tested:||2.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-05-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||126 735|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
The Capability Manager plugin provides a simple way to manage role capabilities. Using it, you will be able to change the capabilities of any role, add new roles, copy existing roles into new ones, and add new capabilities to existing roles. You can also delegate capabilities management to other users. In this case, some restrictions apply to this users, as them can only set/unset the capabilities they have. With the Backup/Restore tool, you can save your Roles and Capabilities before making changes and revert them if something goes wrong. You'll find it on the Tools menu.
- Capability manager has been tested to support only one role per user.
- Only users with 'manage_capabilities' can manage them. This capability is created at install time and assigned only to administrators.
- Administrator role cannot be deleted.
- Non-administrators can only manage roles or users with same or lower capabilities.
See the plugin manual for more information.
- Manage role capabilities.
- Create new roles or delete existing ones.
- Add new capabilities to any existing role.
- Backup and restore Roles and Capabilities to revert your last changes.
- Revert Roles and Capabilities to WordPress defaults.
- Belorussian by Ilyuha
- German by Carsten Tauber
- Italian by Gianni Diurno
- Russian by Marcis Gasuns
- Swedish *by Jens Wedin
- POT file for easy translation to other languages included. See the translators page for more information.