Calendar Archives is a visualization plugin for your WordPress site which creates yearly calendar for your posts.
|Author:||Amit Badkas (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5.1|
|WordPress version tested:||3.5.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-08-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||17 868|
Click to start download
Calendar Archives is a visualization plugin for your WordPress site which creates yearly calendar for your posts. Create a new page (having 'no sidebars' template) for your calendar archive and insert the shortcode [calendar-archive] in the editor. Load this page and enjoy the view!
Each day of calendar will display first available photo from posts of that day in the background. The plugin's layout is customizable and having two working layouts for demonstration
For more details, see http://www.sanisoft.com/blog/2009/08/21/wordpress-plugin-calendar-archives/
Where to find texts to translate?
The plugin contains ‘calendar-archives.pot’ which can be used for translation
How to display posts under particular category?
If URL has ‘category’ parameter then it will be used as category slug, for example, http://www.my-domain.net/my-blog/my-calendar/?category=uncategorized
- Added ability to browse calendar by month
- Added ability to use featured image as background
- Modified settings to use WordPress settings API
- Fixed design issues occurred after testing with WordPress-3.5.1
- Fixed bug in ‘Display upcoming posts’ feature, thanks to Anandajoti Bhikkhu for bug reporting
- Added ability to provide first day of week
- Added ability to display posts (in calendar) under particular category
- Added ability to display upcoming posts (to use as event calendar)
- Added wrappers for PHP5 only functions ‘file_put_contents’ and ‘scandir’ so that plugin will work on PHP4 too
- Use of actual path instead of URL for local images uploaded in wordpress if ‘allow_url_fopen’ is disabled
- Background colors customization
- Dimension customization for day box and background image
- Internationalization support
- First release