This plugin offers the possibility of displaying a photo gallery on multiple pages / pagination gallery. Change from WordPress Post with [ga
|Author:||ByREV ( Robert Emilian Vicol ) (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.3.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||16-05-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||13 163|
Click to start download
This plugin offers the possibility of displaying a photo gallery on multiple pages / pagination gallery + Ajax, CDN, Caching, SEO
For custom configuration, change from WordPress Post with , where N is number of images per page. Example: --> will show only 10 images per page in 5 columns , respectively 2 rows. Images are directly linked (link="file")
ByREV Gallery Pagination Features:
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) Support - Ability to use multiple Mirror CDN servers for displaying images.
- Caching Support for Gallery - Save resources & speed-up your website. Support for disk, mysql ar auto. For now just disk option is available. The plugin uses a specially developed script for erase cache (only manual), to avoid execution time limits in php.
- Pagination via URL Query = Ability to set the pagination with pagination=N query in url - Example: http://yourblog.url/post/?pagination=4&page-album=1. Note: This option will override the options from the post via , from Wp Menu config and __DEFAULT_IMAGE_IN_PAGE constant defined in plugin files.
- AJAX Gallery Loading. Made compatibility with: FancyBox - José Pardilla, Light Box - Hiroaki Miyashita, Simple Lightbox - Archetyped, Slimbox - Kevin Sylvestre, Slimbox plugin - Peppe Argento, Slimbox2 - Greg Yingling
- "Quick Cache" plugin support - for the navigation pages to be cached
- Fill the gaps (to complete gallery) in last row - If the number of images in gallery will not fill last row to the end, the gaps is filled with empty images.
- Gallery title SEO / No Duplicate Title! (custom database query may not be compatible) - For best compatibility use : wp_title, the_title, the_permalink
- Compatible with Simple Lightbox , Lightbox Gallery , FancyBox for WordPress , Slim Box and many others.
- For a quick execution, configuration can be applied directly from the plugin file.
- Paging menu item can be Top, Bottom or Both positions.
- Ability to use a different css files
- The ability to customize the CSS code with another class
- Extended Pagination Style or Simple Next/Preview Pagination
- Plug-n-Play - once activated, the plugin will make the necessary changes. No other changes are required in template.
- 100% compatible with default wordpress gallery ( tested up to 3.1.3 )
Screenshot Settings -> Gallery Pagination Config
Screenshot with plugin in action
Fill the gaps (to complete gallery) in last row - 3 dummy images were added.
What is the meaning of statements from byrev-gallery-pagination.php (plugin file) ?
- _MENU_CONFIGURATION – To configure from wordpress administration, this value must be TRUE. Otherwise, any changes/settings may be made only from byrev-gallery-pagination.php (plugin file).
- __FORCE_PAGINATION – if “pagination” parameter is not present in gallery code like this: ****, plugin will force paginate with **_DEFAULT_IMAGE_IN_PAGE** value (see below)
- __DEFAULT_IMAGE_IN_PAGE – if **_FORCE_PAGINATION** is false, this value has no effect.
- __CSS_PAGINATION_CLASS – Change with your class. For more example, view byrev-gallery-pagination.css from plugin folder.
- __EXTEDED_PAGINATION – if is false pagination will show only NEXT / PREVIEW style, else will show < < [0, 1, 3 … N] > > style
- __INCLUDE_DEFAULT_CSS – if css style is custom/defined in other file, change this with false
- __PAGINATION_BOTTOM and __PAGINATION_TOP – if both value is true, plugin add pagination at the bottom and top gallery. Set/Choose the option that you want, but at least one must be active/true.
- __FILL_GAPS_IN_LAST_ROW – if the number of images in gallery will not fill last row to the end, the gaps is filled with empty images
- __FILL_GAPS_TRANSPARENCY – empty images transparency (behavior) / translucency – from 0 to 1 , where 0 = max transparency and 1 = no transparency; 0.5 = 50% transparency.
- __QUICK_CACHE_SUPPORT – for the navigation pages to be cached ( valid only for “Quick Cache” plugin )
- __AJAX_PAGINATION – pagination is loaded with ajax / Save your bandwidth, resources & speed-up your website
I see no change in the gallery, why the layout/pagination does not appear?
- Change value from Default Thumbnails in Page option to a lower value.
- For default Default Thumbnails in Page is 15. If the number of pictures from gallery is smaller than this value, the plugin will not display anything (only simple gallery). Change value from Settings -> Gallery Pagination menu.
- clean gallery cache
Is compatible with: Lightbox, Simple Lightbox, Fancybox, Slimbox or else ?
YES (Except custom pagination or other changes to pagination.)
1 st public version.
Update description and other information for installation
Navigation url issue (solved)!
- SOLVED: If blog/site does not have permalinks enabled, pagination links are not built correctly.
- SOLVED: Correct initialization configuration in wordpress menu.
- ADDED: New option in config: FILL GAPS TRANSPARENCY; empty images transparency (behavior) / translucency – from 0 to 1; 0 = max transparency and 1 = no transparency; 0.5 = 50% transparency.
- ADDED: Quick Cache plugin support, for the navigation pages to be cached ( valid only for “Quick Cache” plugin )
- SOLVED: Database options synchronization with new releases.
- CHANGES: Minor optimization for better compatibility with WordPress.
- ADDED: Ajax Pagination Support, pagination is loaded with ajax / Save your bandwidth, resources & speed-up your website
- ADDED: Caching Support for Gallery
- ADDED: CDN Support – Ability to use multiple Mirror CDN servers for displaying images
- ADDED: Pagination via URL Query – Set the pagination with pagination=N query in url
- SOLVED: Minor CDN issues.
- SOLVED: Minor activation issues messages: “plugin generated NNN characters of unexpected output during activation” !
- SOLVED/ADDED: The possibility of navigation even if you are in the archive page ( search, category, tags, home page …)
- ADDED: “Jump to Gallery” (a.k.a automatic scroll page) to current gallery (which has given clik). Valid only if not using ajax (Ajax does not require hash mark)!
- SOLVED: Clean cache every time you save options (to avoid various navigation errors may occur)
- Minor CSS FIX (for IE)
- Solved: Gallery image/css broken for multiple gallery instances on the same page (via jQuery)
- Solved: 1’st load Ajax and Lighbox Problem … (a future release will contain routines for lighbox-like effect … we get rid of compatibility problems)
- Replace noimage.png with new thumb image (source findicons.com) . Old thumb is noimage2.png
- Solved: Hide pagination links when there is only a single page
- solve problem with latest wp update about ajax-pagination msg: Error! Requested page 1 is outside the index …