Imports boards and users from SMF 1.1x forums to BuddyPress (forums) / WordPress (users)
|Author:||Normen Hansen (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||WP 2.9.2,|
|WordPress version tested:||WP 3.0, BP|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-06-2010|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||3 198|
Click to start download
This plugin imports boards and users from SMF 1.1x forums to BuddyPress (forums) / WordPress (users)
- Preserves current WordPress users if name exists
- Create groups for forums after import (optional)
- Main plugin adds admin panel for all functions
- Separate plugin successively converts the sha-1 encoded passwords from SMF on user login
- Includes php script that can be put into old forum directory for redirection to new topic locations
- Only intended for initial forum imports, it clears all current forums before importing due to the initial 0.7.3 db format requirement (users/groups etc. are kept intact)
- Depending on forum size, the PHP memory and exec time requirements can be a bit high
The plugin is based on a modified phpbb import PHP script for bbpress 0.7.3. It uses its own version of bbpress to convert from the initial 0.7.3 bbpress db format to a buddypress compatible one.
I used the “create groups” function twice and now my groups are messed up, what to do?
Clear all tables in wp_groups, wp_groups_groupmeta and wp_groups_members (only delete contents, not tables!) and use “create groups” again.
After updating the plugin I get strange database erros and cannot access the forum, what to do?
The bb-config.php file of the included bbpress is replaced and so the forum configuration is reset. Version 0.9.3 introduces a button in the admin menu of the importer that allows rewriting the bb-config.php file.
You can also move the correct bb-config.php file to any place you want and go through the “forum setup” wizard of BuddyPress again to register it.
- remove positions fix due to output error
- update redirect script to redirect to forums
- correct post positions on import
- remove spaces when creating slugs
- remove bbpress config file from plugin to avoid overwriting on plugin update
- add rewrite bbconfig file option
- skip tags if not exist in SMF forum
- fix for BP 1.2.5
- Code cleanups / annotations
- Check if tag topics/users exist
- Updated redirect script and added instructions
- Add tag import
- Change imported users role to 0:”none”
- Fix problem with editing topics (post_position)
- Move admin panel to include folder
- Uses charset of WP install db for new tables instead of utf-8
- Output info about skipped data