Automatically adds favicons to blogroll/bookmark links.
|Author:||Stephen Nomura (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.5|
|WordPress version tested:||3.0.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-06-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||11 272|
Click to start download
Automatically adds favicons next to links in your blogroll. Also adds favicons to the links admin area.
- Automatically caches favicon files locally.
- Icons in admin area
- Refresh Cache Button
- Add a default favicon if link has no favicon
Are favicons cached locally?
Yes. The actual images are cached in /blogroll-links-favicons/cache/. This is new in v2.0.
Some bookmarks aren’t showing any icon at all, why?
Try refreshing the favicons. Go to Links > Link Favicons and choose the refresh cache option. This refreshes all favicons. To refresh a single favicon, open the edit page for that link and click “Update Link.” Be careful, as page loads may slow to a crawl during this process which could last up to a minute or more if you’ve got a large number of links.
How often is the cache refreshed?
At this point, refreshes must be done manually.
- Fixes 2.0 release bugs. (no cache folder & refresh problem)
- Adds true local image caching & admin area icons.
- Fixed “parse_url() expects exactly 1 parameter” bug
- Adds better PHP 4 compatibility
- Add plugin page ‘settings’ link.
- Fix author links.
- Fix refresh button problem
- Fix cache folder problem
- Add true local image caching
- Add icon display in admin area
- Add bundled default icon
- Add single link icon refresh.
- Remove Mosaic Mode
- Fix default favicon
- Add Mosaic Mode
- Fix text-indent bug on ul li a
- Change the way favicons are bound to links
- Tweak Regex again
- Tweak Regex
- WP nounce Tweak broke reverted back
- WP nounce Tweak
- Added screenshot
- Code and presentation clean up for 1.0 release
- Linked fav icon
- Updated Settings link
- Changed Sub menu location ,now under links
- Ability to add a default favicon if missing from site
- Force image size to be 16x 16
- Don’t show blank images
- Added wpnonce security check, fixed bug introduced in 0.3
- Added support fro hyphens in URLs
- Added snoopy class for URL fetching
- First version Check In