Blog Designer is a wordpress plugin that allows you to modify blog layout and design.
|Author:||Solwin Infotech (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-06-2015|
|Total downloads:||268 935|
|Active installs:||20 000+|
Click to start download
Blog Designer Panel - Admin Interface
Blog Designer with 'Classical' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Light Breeze' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Spektrum' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Evolution' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Timeline' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'News' Blog Template Layout
- Upload the blog-designer.zip file Via WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New,
- Alternately, upload blog-designer folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP,
- Activate the Blog Designer plugin from Admin > Plugins.
Does Blog Designer give me total control of my blog page?
Yes, Blog Designer gives you total control of your blog page. You need to just setup everything correctly and play with it. You may get more than your expectations.
Does Blog Designer design my single post pages?
No, this featured not covered with free version plugin but you can design your single post pages with the help of ‘Single Post Layouts’ in PRO version plugin.
Does Blog designer provide some default blog templates?
And in Blog Designer PRO version, there are 40+ unique blog templates available for category, tag, date and author archive pages. Those same blog templates compatible with single post pages also.
I have used your blog designer shortcode with page or already selected a specific page for blog section via Blog Designer panel but still I am not getting blog layouts design as per you are showing in your demo site?
Please login with your WordPress admin panel and go to
Settings > Reading and find option
Front page displays. If you have selected an option as ‘A Static page > Posts page’ with your same blog page then please change that selection with default value settings.
For more details, please check this screenshot.
Can I apply this blog designer only for my hot categories?
Yes, there is one backend option available as you can select multiple categories and blog designer apply for that categories only.
Is there any social option available as I can add social share button on my blog page with every post?
Yes, Blog designer providing option as you can add social share on blog page with 2 different shape options. You can get more advanced options in PRO version.
In PRO version, there are 10+ social style templates.
Can I control my content length on blog page?
Yes, you can. “Post Content Length” option will give you ability to control your content characters on blog page.
I want to hide post details like post author, post date. Can I?
Yes, There is “General Settings” panel where you can manage your post details as you want to show or not.
Can I manage my “Read More” text on blog page?
Yes, you can change that text and decorate it also whatever you like.
Can I create post sliders with the help of Blog Designer plugin?
Yes, there are 3 slider templates – Crayon, Sallet and Sunshiny slider included with the plugin.
In WordPress 4.7, there is new feature available as “Post Template”. Can I create multiple single post layouts even if I don’t use of this post template feature?
Yes, that option available in PRO version. There is no coding skill required to create unlimited Single Post Layouts with the site.
What about custom post type support?
Custom Post type support only available with Blog Designer PRO version.
Where can I get support or talk for blog designer issues?
Will Blog Designer work with my theme?
Yes, Blog Designer will work with any WordPress themes, but may require some styling changes to make it compatible. If you are facing any compatibility issue with Blog Designer plugin then please contact us at Support Forum.
Release date: May 31st, 2018
- Fixed: File is not able to edit from admin side editor
Release date: May 23th, 2018
- Updated: Make compatible with WordPress 4.9.6
- Fixed: Make changes as per GDPR rules
- Fixed: Icon not display for evolution template
Release date: April 14th, 2018
- Updated: Make compatible with WordPress 4.9.5
- Fixed: Notification message always showing issue
Release date: April 2nd, 2018
- Updated: Backend UI changes for better UX
Release date: February 14th, 2018
- Updated: Modified current templates array for PRO version update
Release date: January 16th, 2018
- Fixed: Undefine variable issue with new options
Release date: January 13th, 2018
- Added: Dummy Posts xml file to start journey with sample blog posts
- Added: ‘Getting Started’ page to get help with WordPress backend panel
- Added: ‘Select Post Tags’ and ‘Select Post Authors’ option available with free version
Release date: November 23rd, 2017
- Added: Option to apply default style with the selected template
Release date: November 21st, 2017
- Updated: Make compatible with WordPress 4.9
Release date: October 27th, 2017
- Added: Option to display HTML tags with the post content
Release date: September 27th, 2017
- Updated: Template css file call path to resolve file permission issue
Release date: September 6th, 2017
- Updated: Default template option values for better output
- Fixed: Minor bug fixes on “Save Settings” action
Release date: September 4th, 2017
- Added: Choose link hover color option
- Added: More options with Read more settings
- Updated: Change UI of backend panel
Release date: August 13th, 2017
- Fixed: UI conflicts with other plugins
Release date: July 14th, 2017
- Fixed: Minor bug fixes
Release date: June 12th, 2017
- Fixed: Width issue resolved with timeline and news template
Release date: April 7th, 2017
- Fixed: Alternative Background Color Showing with the selected blog templates still if selected “No”
Release date: April 4th, 2017
- Updated: Change text-domain to ‘blog-designer’ to make plugin compatible for translate.wordpress.org
- Fixed: Solve default color issues
Release date: April 1st, 2017
- Fixed: New UI conflicts with WooCommerce Order backend panel
- Fixed: Timeline layout design issue
- Fixed: Choosen (drop-down) UI updated
- Fixed: Design issues with responsiveness
Release date: March 21th, 2017
- Added: New layout – “News Blog Template”
- Updated: Admin UI changes to new design
- Fixed: Date format not applying for blog templates
Release date: January 4th, 2017
- Updated: Make compatible with WordPress 4.7
Release date: September 22th, 2016
- Fixed: Post title background color can’t removed permanently
- Fixed: Remove extra css call those are not required to call
Release date: August 26th, 2016
- Fixed: Admin UI Changes to make compatible with WordPress 4.6
Release date: August 10th, 2016
- Updated: Make compatible with WordPress 4.5.3
- Fixed: Visual Composer Support Fix
Release date: June 15th, 2016
- Updated: UI improvements for better user experience
Release date: May 31th, 2016
- Updated: Make compatible with WordPress 4.5.2
- Fixed: Read More value not saved with some templates
Release date: April 13th, 2016
- Updated: Make compatible with WordPress 4.5
- Fixed: Setting not saved sometimes
Release date: February 12th, 2016
- Added: Custom CSS support
- Added: Support of “Restore Default” option to start again with default settings
- Updated: UI modification for easiness
Release date: December 15th, 2015
- Fixed: Pagination issue with timeline layout
Release date: December 11th, 2015
- Added: New layout – “Timeline Blog Template”
- Fixed: Load time issue
Release date: October 19th, 2015
- Added: Localization support with plugin
- Added: Font-size support for post-title and post-content
- Updated: Improvements with User Interface
- Updated: Default value setup with fresh plugin install
- Updated: Field’s labels are modified for better user experience
- Fixed: Undefined index error resolved when blog category not selected
- Fixed: Confliction with WordPress front page setting
- Fixed: Facebook sharelink issue
Release Date: June 9th, 2015
- Fixed: Conflict with Visual composer plugin