Blog Designer is a wordpress plugin that allows you to modify blog layout and design.
|Author:||Solwin Infotech (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-06-2015|
|Total downloads:||119 058|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
Blog Designer Panel - Admin Interface
Blog Designer with 'Classical' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Light Breeze' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Spektrum' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Evolution' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'Timeline' Blog Template Layout
Blog Designer with 'News' Blog Template Layout
- Upload the blog-designer.zip file Via WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New,
- Alternately, upload blog-designer folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP,
- Activate the Blog Designer plugin from Admin > Plugins.
Does Blog Designer give me total control of my blog page?
Yes, Blog Designer gives you total control of your blog page. You need to just setup everything correctly and play with it. You may get more than your expectations.
Does Blog designer provide some default blog templates?
Yes, Blog designer provides 6 default blog templates – Classical, Light Breeze, Spektrum, Evolution, Timeline and News.
And in Blog Designer PRO version, there are 32 different and unique blog templates available for category, tag, date and author archive pages. Those same blog templates compatible with single post pages also.
I have used your blog designer shortcode with page or already selected a specific page for blog section via Blog Designer panel but still I am not getting blog layouts design as per you are showing in your demo site?
Please login with your WordPress admin panel and go to
Settings > Reading and find option
Front page displays. If you have selected an option as ‘A Static page > Posts page’ with your same blog page then please change that selection with default value settings.
For more details, please check this screenshot.
Can I apply this blog designer only for my hot categories?
Yes, there is one backend option available as you can select multiple categories and blog designer apply for that categories only.
Is there any social option available as I can add social share button on my blog page with every post?
Yes, Blog designer providing option as you can add social share on blog page with 2 different shape options. You can get more advanced options in PRO version.
In PRO version, you get more social share options as well.
Can I control my content length on blog page?
Yes, you can. “Post Content Length” option will give you ability to control your content characters on blog page.
I want to hide post details like post author, post date. Can I?
Yes, There is “General Settings” panel where you can manage your post details as you want to show or not.
Can I manage my “Read More” text on blog page?
Yes, you can change that text and decorate it also whatever you like.
Can I create post sliders with the help of Blog Designer plugin?
Yes, there are 3 slider templates – Crayon, Sallet and Sunshiny slider included with the plugin.
In WordPress 4.7, there is new feature available as “Post Template”. Can I create multiple single post layouts even if I don’t use of this post template feature?
Yes, that option available in PRO version. There is no coding skill required to create unlimited Single Post Layouts with the site.
What about custom post type support?
Custom Post type support only available with Blog Designer PRO version.
Where can I get support or talk for blog designer issues?
Will Blog Designer work with my theme?
Yes, Blog Designer will work with any WordPress themes, but may require some styling changes to make it compatible. If you are facing any compatibility issue with Blog Designer plugin then please contact us at Support Forum.
Release date: August 13th, 2017
- Bug Fix: UI conflicts with other plugins
Release date: July 14th, 2017
- Bug Fix: Minor bug fixes
Release date: June 12th, 2017
- Bug Fix: Width issue resolved with timeline and news template
Release date: April 7th, 2017
- Bug Fix: Alternative Background Color Showing with the selected blog templates still if selected “No”
Release date: April 4th, 2017
- Enhancement: Change text-domain to ‘blog-designer’ to make plugin compatible for translate.wordpress.org
- Bug Fix: Solve default color issue
Release date: April 1st, 2017
- Bug Fix: New UI conflicts with WooCommerce Order backend panel
- Bug Fix: Timeline layout design issue
- Bug Fix: Choosen (drop-down) UI updated
- Bug Fix: Design issues with responsiveness
Release date: March 21th, 2017
- Enhancement: Admin UI changes to new design
- Enhancement: Added new layout – “News Blog Template”
- Bug Fix: Date format not applying for blog templates
Release date: January 4th, 2017
- Enhancement: Make compatible with WordPress 4.7
Release date: September 22th, 2016
- Bug Fix: Post title background color can’t removed permanently
- Bug Fix: Remove extra css call those are not required to call
Release date: Aug 26th, 2016
- Bug Fix: Admin UI Changes to make compatible with WordPress 4.6
Release date: Aug 10th, 2016
- Enhancement: Make compatible with WordPress 4.5.3
- Bug Fix: Visual Composer Support Fix
Release date: June 15th, 2016
- Enhancement: UI improvements for better user experience
Release date: May 31th, 2016
- Bug Fix: Read More value not saved with some templates
- Enhancement: Make compatible with WordPress 4.5.2
Release date: April 13th, 2016
- Bug Fix: Setting not saved sometimes
- Enhancement: Make compatible with WordPress 4.5
Release date: February 12th, 2016
- Enhancement: Added custom css support
- Enhancement: UI modification for easiness
- Enhancement: Added Blog Designer logo icon
- Enhancement: Added one click install with “Restore Default”
Release date: December 15th, 2015
- Bug Fix: Pagination issue with timeline layout
Release date: December 11th, 2015
- Enhancement: Added timeline blog template layout
- Bug Fix: Load time issue
Release date: October 19th, 2015
- Enhancement: Added localization
- Enhancement: Added font-size support for post-title and post-content
- Enhancement: Improvements with User Interface
- Enhancement: Default value setup with fresh plugin install
- Enhancement: Field’s labels are modified for better user experience
- Enhancement: Sidebar added for fast submission of review and add ticket in support
- Bug Fix: Undefined index error resolved when blog category not selected
- Bug Fix: Confliction with WordPress front page setting
- Bug Fix: Facebook sharelink issue
Release Date: June 9th, 2015
- Bug Fix: Conflict with Visual composer plugin