Discover the power of Gutenberg! This plugin adds Designer Blocks that make it easy to…
|Author:||Weaver Theme (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-06-2018|
|Total downloads:||2 336|
Click to start download
What is Gutenberg and why do I need it for this plugin to work?
Gutenberg is a beta project by Matt Mullenweg, the co-founder of WordPress. It’s a visual builder prototype of the new WordPress editor that’s coming out with WordPress 5.0 sometime in 2018.
Since its yet to be fully integrated with WordPress, Gutenberg comes as a separate plugin for developers and beta testers. This plugin is an add-on for the current Gutenberg plugin, so you’ll need both of them installed for you to use it.
Won’t adding new blocks make Gutenberg bigger and slower?
One of the great features of Gutenberg is that it has been designed from the start to make it easy for plugin developers to add new blocks (although they require a high level of technical and programming skill). Because of the API designed for Gutenberg, each new block is really very tiny, and will not measurably affect the speed or size of Gutenberg.
How did you create Great Gutenberg Blocks by Weaver?
This plugin has been built using Ahmad Awais’ Create Guten Block tool.
Why would I need an add-on for Gutenberg?
Currently, Gutenberg has some of the most basic features needed to create a website. However, the basic blocks are fairly limited, so we wanted to provide more page-builder-like blocks and make it easy to add some of the currently popular designer patterns.
I have a suggestion for an existing block.
Note: due to some very critical restrictions on the Gutenberg block programming interface, it is essentially impossible to add new features to an existing block. Styling elements covered by CSS can be tweaked, but nothing related to the fundamental HTML code generated by the block can be modified without breaking any previous instances of the block.
- Tweaks: Updated for final WP 5.0 release
- New: Optional link button for Image Columns block. You must enable link buttons to see them!
- Updates: Several tweaks and updates for Gutenberg 5.0 compatibility
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Version 1.0 may not be backward compatible with previous designer blocks. Gutenberg has been a moving target, and now that WP 5.0 release is near, there have been changes that break some backward compatbility. You can convert to HTML blocks and preserve your old blocks, but if you need changes, you may have to recreate them from scratch.
- Tweak: added margins between columns – makes displays better when cols have bg color
- Fix: bug when changing bg colors from a color back to none (transparent)
- Minor Styling tweaks
- First release