This plugin lets provides a much better recent posts widget, including thumbnails
|Author:||David Gewirtz (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-05-2011|
|Total downloads:||20 333|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
IMPORTANT: Support has moved to the ZATZLabs site and is no longer provided on the WordPress.org forums. If you need a timely reply from the developer, please open a ticket.
If you’ve ever wanted to display recent posts, but go far beyond the Recent Posts widget that comes with WordPress, you’re in the right place.
One of the very best ways to increase time-on-site (and therefore the engagement of your audience) is helping visitors discover new and wonderful pages and posts on your site. Better Recent Posts Widget can do that by displaying your beautiful featured images right in the widget. You can control the number of posts to display, specify if you want to skip some posts, and display custom post types.
The WordPress.org version has the following features:
- All new, better Recent Posts widget
- Specify widget title
- Control number of posts displayed
- Control number of posts to skip (offset)
- Optionally display post thumbnails
- Customize thumbnail size
- Choose post type to display
Additional features in the pro version:
- Optionally display post author
- Optionally display post count
- Optionally display post comment count
- Optionally display post excerpt/length
- Customize post display order
- Customize post sorting method
- Better taxonomy selection control
- Multiple widget instance support
- Multisite capable
This plugin was recently adopted by David Gewirtz and ongoing support and updates will continue. Feel free to visit David’s Lab Notes for a development roadmap and additional details.
Pro Version Availability
The pro version of this plugin is available for sale (and, indeed, will likely have an exciting future). To purchase the pro version, please visit the plugin’s new home page.
Sales of the pro version on CodeCanyon have been halted and the pro plugin is now being sold directly. CodeCanyon Better Recent Posts Widget Pro users (and, of course, users of the free version) are invited to post questions. Support has moved to the ZATZLabs site and is no longer provided on the WordPress.org forums. If you need a timely reply from the developer, please open a ticket.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest updates to this plugin, please visit David’s Lab Notes and add yourself to the mailing list.
Adopted from Pippin Williamson.
IMPORTANT: Support has moved to the ZATZLabs site and is no longer provided on the WordPress.org forums. Please visit the new ZATZLabs Forums. If you need a timely reply from the developer, please open a ticket.
- Minor update for support changes
- Minor update for WordPress 4.4.2 compatibility
- Fixed bug where the number of posts shown was always five
- Added support resources
- Completed adoption changes for plugin maintenance
- Adopted by David Gewirtz, updated plugin details and readme
- Confirmed compatibility with WordPress 4.2
- Updated several standards
- Replaced query string in get_posts() with array of arguments
- Replaced “numberposts” parameter with “post_per_page”
- Added “adopt-me” tag to put plugin up for adoption