Add some shortcodes to load information about a plugin from the repository.
|Author:||Julio Potier (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||All versio|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-08-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
Ever wanted to display some plugin's informations on your website ? But you didn't want to hard code it. PAPII is designed for this. Just use the [papii] shortcode to display informations from the official page.
How to use it ?
Use this shortcode [papii] with this properties: plugin, info, cache. Example : [papii plugin=”baw-autoshortener” info=”version” cache=”48″] This code will show the version for baw-autoshortener plugin and store this data 48h.
I need to retrieve all informations, what are they ?
You have : name, slug, version, author, author_profile, contributors, requires, tested, rating, num_ratings, downloaded, last_updated, added, homepage, description, installation, screenshots, changelog, faq, short_description, description, download_link, tags Compatibility property is not included.
Ok, so i need a full example
Use it first in your post like this: [papii plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] Then you can add this for example : Download the version [papii info=”version” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] for plugin [papii info=”name” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] (downloaded [papii info=”downloaded” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] times), here: [papii info=”download_link” plugin=”baw-autoshortener” cache=”24″] This is a good way to implement this in a theme with do_shortcode 😉
How can i get plugins from a WP.org profile ?
Use the same shortcode like this: [papii profile=”juliobox” info=”homemade”/] you can even add in the shortcode content more shortcodes, see the plugin URI for some advanced examples.
I’m developper, what can i do more?
You can ask in a theme/plugin for “tags_raw”, “contributors_raw” or “sections” and format it like you want.
- 09 jun 2014
- Change the way to retreive informations, more WP style
- Add the possibility to get plugins from a WP.org profile, homemade plugins or favorite ones, see FAQ
- 10 may 2013
- Fix a bug when you try to get informations from a non existent plugin
- 02 may 2013
- Filter added to shortcut the repository call, filter named “papii-“.$plugin ($plugin comming from the “plugin” shortcode’s prop)
- 23 apr 2013
- Little bug fix, sorry
- 23 apr 2013
- Better code again, avoid warning on cast or not serialized data
- Can return “sections” as serialized data
- 23 apr 2013
- Stop using XML and parsing, go .php !
- Better and shorter code again
- 22 apr 2013
- Remove the baw-papii_settings shortcode, useless
- Remove the “sep” value
- Added a “papii” shortcode, same as “baw_papii”
- Cache improved, one call per plugin, not per information, my bad!
- Added a function from my friend Greg to parse and cache full XML, thanks!
- 26 aug 2011
- First Release