You can now add a correct login & logout link in your WP menus.
|Author:||Juliobox (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||08-03-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||222 598|
|Active installs:||20 000+|
Click to start download
With this plugin you can now add a real log in/logout item menu with autoswitch when user is logged in or not. Nonce token is present on logout item. 2 titles, one for 'log in' and one for 'logout' can be set up. Also, you can set the redirecion page you want, just awesome.
- Upload the “baw-login-logout-menu” folder into the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- You can now add real log in and logout links in your Navigation Menus
- See FAQ for usage
How does this works?
Visit your navigation admin menu page, you got a new box including 3 links, ‘log in’, ‘logout’, ‘log in/logout’.
Add the link you want, for example “Log in|Logout”
1. You can change the 2 titles links, just separate them with a | (pipe)
1. You can add a page for redirection, example #bawloginout#index.php This will redirect users on site index.
1. You can add 2 pages for redirection, example #bawloginout#login.php|logout.php This will redirect users too.
1. For this redirection you can use the special value %actualpage%, this will redirect the user on the actual page.
You can also add 3 shortcodes inyour theme template or in your pages/posts. just do this :
For theme :
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[loginout]' ); ?>
In you posts/pages :
The 3 shortcodes are “[login]”, “[logout]” and “[loginout]”.
You can set 2 parameters, named “redirect” and “edit_tag”.
Redirect: used to redirect the user after the action (log in or out) ; example : “/welcome/” or “index.php”
Edit_tag: used to modify the tag, ; example ” class=’myclass'” or ” id=’myid’ class=’myclass’ rel=’friend'” etc
You can also modify the title link with [login]Clic here to connect[/login] for example
There is a new hook (1.3.3) named ‘bawregister_item”, this is a menu item, when a user is not logged in, it contains the register button/link, and when the user is logged in, since the link will diseppear, you can hook it and change the ttle and URL, so it won’t go away.
- 31 july 2015
- New hook, see FAQ
- Code compliant
- 09 nov 2012
- Fix the famous NULL ITEM bug! Thanks for your patience 🙂
- File splitting
- Fix a graphic bug on the menu spinner
- 29 jun 2012
- You can now add 2 pages for the #bawloginout# choice, check the FAQ
- 13 mar 2012
- 3 shortcodes added, see FAQ
- 08 mar 2012
- First release