Display a random image as the website background at each visit or as a timed slideshow, without the need to edit the theme.
|Author:||Mike Green (Myatu) (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.2.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.2.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||31-12-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||219 241|
Click to start download
Note! This plugin has been deprecated; it is no longer maintained nor supported.
Background Manager is a powerful replacement for the default WordPress background manager.
It allows you to create multiple image sets, from which an image is selected and displayed as the website background. The images can be uploaded from your local computer, selected from the images available in your Media Library, or import them from other plugins and third-party sources.
With an easy to use menu, you can also define how the background image is displayed, such as full-screen (with ratio correction), tiled, fixed or scrolling, define where the image is positioned and how a background image is selected (random or in sequential order).
You also have the ability to add an overlay to the background images with a choice of pre-defined patterns. And of course it is also possible to add a background color.
Where supported, in full-screen mode the the background image is optionally "eased in" when it is ready to be displayed. No longer will visitors with slower Internet connections have to endure watching a background image load from top down.
You can also limit the background images to certain parts of WordPress, for example only on the front page or a full-page post. And for each individual page, post, category or tag, you can also override the images, overlay or color used as the background, which allows you to have pages or posts with a different background theme.
Each individual background image can also be linked to a specific URL, which allows a visitor to click anywhere on the background and be redirected to another page or website. Impressions and clickthroughs of clickable backgrounds can optionally be be tracked via Google Analytics.
All this is done without the need to edit the theme or any other files!
Visit the Background Manager Demo Site for a live demonstration of the plugin.
- Integration with WordPress Media Library
- Full support for the WordPress Theme Customizer
- Full-screen background images
- Full control over position for images in normal display mode (tiling, positioning, scrolling and stretching)
- Optional "Ease in" of a full-screen background image
- Multiple Image Sets to select a random or sequential image from
- Override the Image Set for each Post, Page, Custom post type or by Tag(s) or Category, including WP e-Commerce and WooCommerce Product Categories
- User defined display interval between the background images (timed slideshow)
- Optional transition effects between the different background images displayed:
- Fade-in/Fade-out (Crossfade)
- Slide (Top, bottom, left or right)
- Cover (Top, bottom, left or right)
- Fade-in and Zoom
- CSS3 transitions: Bars, Zip, Blinds, Swipe, Random Blocks, Sequential Blocks, Concentric and Warp
- 18 pre-defined background overlays
- Enable or disable the background images on the Front page, Error pages, Custom post types, etc.
- Optional thumbnail/information tab for the visitor to learn more about the background
- Import from various sources, such as:
- Define the background opacity (available in Full Screen only)
- Background image links (click-able backgrounds)
- Track background clicks and impressions via Google Analytics
- Uses AJAX to load background images, keeping the website's footprint small and improves caching
- Option to add a "Pin It" Pinterest button
This product uses the Flickr API but is not endorsed or certified by Flickr.