Adds cropping to backgroud images in the Customizer, like header images have.
|Author:||Nick Halsey (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||14-07-2015|
|Total downloads:||30 063|
Click to start download
This plugin is a WordPress core feature-plugin that adds cropping to background images for parity with header images. For this particular feature the implementation is quite simple, but it’s starting out as a plugin to gauge user interest in this feature and whether the feature improves the user experience of background images.
This plugin requires WordPress 4.3 Beta 3 or later.
If you’re interested in contributing to this project, ping @celloexpressions on WordPress core Slack. Please comment on the trac ticket with ideas and feedback: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32403.
- Add plugin textdomain for translations.
- Clarify image context handling.
- Fix initial display in WordPress 4.6 and later.
- Fix in-control preview of selected image in WordPress 4.6 and later.
- Ensure that the background-image context is set for selected images, so that they’re marked as background images in the media library.
- Refine handling in conjunction with the improved background image properties UI in WordPress 4.7.
- Fix setting handling.
- Initial commit.
- Full functionality pending the completion of https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29211