Author Chat is an internal chat that let your authors (users with access to dashboard) to chat with each other. It is easy to use. All chat data is st
|Author:||Piotr Pesta (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-06-2015|
|Total downloads:||10 759|
Click to start download
Author Chat - stretched window on the right side.
Author Chat - stretched window on the right side of WYSWIG editor.
Author Chat - dashboard view.
Author Chat - options and smaller chat window.
- Upload the zip to ‘plugins’ directory
- Unzip (steps 1 and 2 can also be performed automatically)
- Activate the plugin
- Plugin is visible in a dashboard
Or just add .zip file as a new plugin in your WordPress administration panel.
- Bug fix for WordPress mobile view (chat window is now invisible in mobile view).
- Temporary remove support for Android app.
- Small bug fix.
- Now you can create private chat rooms.
- Author Chat for Android – code optimization so you can send messages from smartphone
- Now you can download Author Chat client for Android from Google Play
- WordPress 4.8 compatibility
- Bug fix
- Final 1.6.0 version
- Lot’s of changes (!big thanks to Pablo Custo for his very hard work on this version!)
- Now you change the interval time for the verification of new messages from the AC Settings (1 to 10 secs).
- Incorporate the differentiation of nicknames by colors in their names as does WhatsApp.
- Possibility to show or hide our name in the messages (AC Settings).
- Big change of the chat window style.
- Code optimization.
- Now chat can be visible everywhere (in small draggable window), so you can chat within any page inside the admin
- Updated for WordPress 4.7 (replaced deprecated get_currentuserinfo function by wp_get_current_user)
- Support for language files (now you can translate plugin via e.g. Poedit, just add your translation file to /lang/ folder)
- Polish translation included
- Simple fix – compatibility with custom user roles
- Now you can choose how to display the authors: by Login or by Name
- Now you can restrict access to Author Chat and exclude Editor, Author, Contributor or Subscriber
- In settings you can delete chat history
- Added information about new messages: number of messages in browser tab title and sound signal
- Bugfix: now plugin supports servers with <5.5 PHP version
- Initial Release