A multi-purpose responsive jQuery slider that supports custom post types and responsive themes.
|Author:||John Gardner (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||1.4|
|WordPress version tested:||5.3.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-03-2012|
|Total downloads:||31 233|
Click to start download
Showcase your existing content in a rotating slider or multi-image carousel that fits the user’s display. Easily customizable, supporting default and custom post types with or without images. Use a shortcode or widget to display your content.
- Resizes based on the user’s device, supporting touch navigation for phones and tablets
- Supports default and user-created post-types and image sizes for unmatched flexibility
- Traditional single-item, rotating slider or multi-image carousel
perfect! – great plugin. in contrast to some other plugins you can specify the categories, that should be considered in the slider. very usefull!
- Creating a “Recent Work” image carousel for your Portfolio
- Adding a Testimonial rotator to your sidebar or footer
- and many more…
Documentation can be found here
Head over to the demo site to see the plugin in action
This plugin does not create a dedicated “Slide” Custom Post Type. There are plenty of plugins in the WordPress repository for that purpose. I recommend Meteor Slides
Some of our Pro plugins
Some of our other free plugins:
Widget Options overview
Standard and user-created post-type selection box
Builtin and user-added image sizes
Slider and carousel setup
Text-focused (testimonials) slider display
How do I use the slider?
- Place the Arconix – Flexslider widget in the desired widget area
- Use the shortcode
[ac-flexslider]on a post, page or other area
<?php echo do_shortcode( "[ac-flexslider]" ); ?>in the desired page template
Is there any other documentation?
- Visit the plugin’s Documentation for setup and configuration information
- Tutorials on advanced plugin usage can be found at Arconix Computers
The slider isn’t styled properly
With no 2 themes exactly alike, it’s extremely difficult to style a plugin that seamlessly integrates without issue. That’s why the plugin was made so flexible — Tighter integration between your theme and the flexslider can be achieved by copying
includes/css/arconix-flexslider.css to the root of your theme folder. The plugin will load that file instead, keeping your changes safe on upgrades.
What script powers the slider?
This plugin uses Owl Carousel slider. While this plugin doesn’t currently have built-in support for all the options supported by Owl Carousel, knowledgeable users will be able to implement nearly any option they’d like.
I want to change how the slider works
Most changes can be achieved by copying
includes/js/arconix-flexslider.js to the root of your theme folder and then making any modifications there. That file will be loaded in place of the plugin default and will keep your changes safe on upgrade.
What is responsive design?
Responsive design is in essence designing a website to cater to the dimensions of the user’s device. It has become very popular with the proliferation of web-enabled smartphones and tablets.
Do I need a responsive theme to use this plugin?
Absolutely not. The slider will conform to the dimensions provided to it
I need help, or I found a bug
I have a great idea for your plugin!
- A new option slideshow is added to display the slider images. The Images will automatically rotate if slideshow option is selected.
- Categories and Tags filter will now be available for the sliders only if the selected post type is Post.
- Bugfix – The widget should now fire properly
- Bugfix – Image size dropdown will now act normally
- Bugfix –
link_imagevalue now honored correctly
This version represents a significant rewrite of the plugin including a completely different slider script. Best efforts were made to maintain as much backwards compatibility as possible, however some filter names and functions have changed, therefore it is highly recommended that existing users who’ve made modifications test this update on a local host or staging environment before deploying to a live environment.
- Switched from Flexslider script to Owl Carousel
- Added an image carousel option
- Now supports content-focused post types (e.g. testimonials, etc…)
- Improved inline documentation
- Updated filter names to be more consistent
- Massive improvement to code efficiency and structure
- Fixed a bug in the widget update function
- Fixed a bug which was preventing category and tag filters from firing properly.
- Fixed an error with the Widget Title that was preventing it from saving
- Reworked some function names to minimize potential conflicts with other plugins
- Added a filter to the flexslider script registration, allowing the use of a different flexslider script than what’s supplied in the plugin
- Added ability to call the slider from a shortcode
- Added the ability to display the chosen post-type’s content (either in whole or just the excerpt)
- Added the option to display just the images without link tags (making the images un-clickable)
- Added the ability to display specific categories or tags (works with ‘posts’ only)
- fixed ie8 image scale issue
- Added additional options for image captions
- Only return posts to display if they have featured images
- Initial release