Alfie WP Weather is a powerful, flexible plugin that adds weather information to your WordPress website with style.
|Author:||Appcuarium (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.3|
|WordPress version tested:||3.9|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-01-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||29 209|
Click to start download
NEW in version 1.2.1:
- GeoIP based weather: You can choose to show the weather on users current location. If no location is found, the widget will display the custom location you selected in the widget configuration.
- Exceptional load performance optimizations have been added.
- Available in 16 languages
Alfie WP Weather is a smart plugin that adds weather information to your WordPress website. It comes with an integrated Ajax location search, so you can setup everything with just a few clicks. Every aspect of the plugin is configurable. You can choose to display minimum, custom or full weather information available, including the forecast. The plugin uses the Yahoo! API for the real-time location and weather information. The information is cached for an hour to avoid over-usage of the Yahoo! API and also to provide the fastest response times from the server.
Alfie WP Weather has received the compatibility certification from WPML.
The plugin and widget are translated into the following languages:
- Moldavian ( Romanian )
More translations and cool features coming soon.
Each Alfie WP Weather update is tested for fully compatibility with latest WordPress releases for:
- WordPress default installs
- WordPress subfolder installs
- WordPress MultiSite subdomain mapping
- WordPress MultiSite subfolder mapping
- Domanin re-mapping of WordPress MultiSite installs
If you like the plugin and want to donate, please make your donation to Save The Children at https://secure.savethechildren.org/site/donor.asp