A plugin to check the age of a visitor before view site or specified content
|Author:||Phil Baker (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7.3|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-04-2017|
Click to start download
- Upload the ‘age-gate’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit ‘Age Gate’ admin section and adjust your configuration.
Can I restrict a particular page?
You can. If you use selected content, a checkbox will appear in content pages
Can I add my own logo/branding?
Of course, it’s your site
I’m in X country, can I format the date style?
Yes! DD MM YYYY and MM DD YYYY are supported along with a choice of how the dates are entered.
I use caching, will that be affected?
At present the plugin doesn’t play too well with caching. With so many caching options available it’s tough to cover them all. We’ll be looking to improve this in future releases.
- Fixes issue created in 1.3.2 where listing pages were not age gated even if “all content” was selected
- Bugfix for missing text domain for “remember me” text
- Updated translation files
- Bugfix for listing pages being age gated incorrectly (e.g. blog home and archives)
- Options added for custom error messaging
- Slight change to admin page layout
- Option to bypass particular content when using “All Content” setting. Useful to allow Terms pages etc.
- Option to redirect users to a custom destination if age test is failed
- Fixed issue where correct input was not honoured in some browsers
- Added “no second chance” option which disallows multiple attempts if failed.
- Minor background improvements
- Minor changes to default style
- Fixed typo in readme
- Initial release