Woocommerce address finder plugin for autocompleting addresses in New Zealand and Australia
|Author:||Abletech (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.1|
|WordPress version tested:||5.6.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-02-2016|
|Total downloads:||12 131|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
The AddressFinder plugin for WooCommerce adds an autocomplete capability to the delivery and billing address fields of your online store.
Get Verified Addresses
No more mistakes. Save verified addresses straight from your checkout to your database.
Access the latest addresses
Leave the hard work to us. The AddressFinder address database is frequently refreshed from multiple sources so you can rely on the data you collect.
No programming required
This plugin is super easy to set up. It does not require any experience and you can have it working in minutes.
Watch a short 2 min video showing the installation and configuration of AddressFinder for WooCommerce.
WooCommerce AddressFinder is compatible with WooCommerce v3.0 and above
WooCommerce AddressFinder requires:
- WordPress v4.1 or higher
- WooCommerce v2.3 or higher
- Jordan Carter (https://github.com/jordandcarter)
- Andrew Pett (https://github.com/aspett)
- Nigel Ramsay (https://github.com/nigelramsay)
- Fiona Sanggang (https://github.com/fsanggang)
- Ross Jourdain (https://github.com/rossjourdain)
- Shaun O’Connell (https://github.com/ndorfin)
- Kate Norquay (https://github.com/katenorquay)
Autocomplete billing and shipping address in checkout page.
In the Admin section of your WordPress website, navigate to Plugins -> Installed Plugins and activate the plugin by pressing Activate on AddressFinder.
Find your AddressFinder API key at https://portal.addressfinder.net
In the Admin interface, navigate to the WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout page and enter your API key/s in the new section for AddressFinder settings. Leaving either the New Zealand or Australia field blank will simply disable autocompletion for the respective country.
The WooCommerce plugin provides the following features:
- Autocomplete billing and shipping address in checkout page
- Autocomplete address in my account page
- Only enabled when country is selected as New Zealand or Australia
If you are on a paid plan, you can disable the “byline” by setting a widget option. Use the WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout screen, and add the following to the Widget Options box:
Then reload the checkout page, and the AddressFinder advertising will disappear.
AddressFinder offers both free and paid plans, we recommend you start with the free plan which gives you up to 1000 completed address searches per month.
If you need more than 1000 address lookups per month from day one then upgrade to a paid plan, these start from $42 per month.
You can read more about AddressFinder plans here:
The AddressFinder website has a large FAQ section with many questions answered.
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 5.6
- Confirm compatibility with WooCommerce 4.8.0
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 5.5.1
- Confirm compatibility with WooCommerce 4.4.1
- Bug fix – prevent reloading the widget on mutation if the country element was never present
- Bug fix: prevent plugin reloading when address line 2 field is missing for AU addresses
- Bug fix: prevent plugin reloading when suburb field is missing for NZ addresses
- Bug fix: prevent error when plugin is in debug mode, and widget options are invalid
- Update dependencies
- Update the WC tested to value
- Add source maps
- Override styling for addressfinder
- Update the tested to value
- Differentiate between WooCommerce version and webpage tools version
- Update addressfinder_webpage_tools v1.6.0
- Update to use new webpage tools package
- Documentation update after testing on WordPress 5.1
- Support state/region fields of type input (text)
- Documentation update
- New installation video
- WordPress 5.0 compatibility confirmation
- Removes redundant positioning function to reflect api updates
- Dispatches update checkout event on address selection
- Fixes errors when checkouts are missing address_line_2 field
- Checks window.AddressFinder is loaded before intialising plugin
- Emit a change event when field values are updated
- Documentation updates
- Fix configuration loading fault
- Prevents country change event clearing account address details on page load.
- Removes redundant core-js functions.
- Preserves address field values on page load.
- Add support for checkout pages without a country form field
- Add a default country option in the settings
- Adjusts the position of the widget
- Plugin now uses a single licence key by default
- Moved to webpack for script development
- Minor fixes
- Allows users to add additional options to adjust default behaviour of the widget
- Moved to NPM for script development
- Minified output script
- Removed superfluous CSS
- Support checkout pages without country fields
- Z-index fix
- Region code mappings fix
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 4.6 series
- Added debug flag to admin screen
- Improve handling of missing form fields
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 4.5
- Clean up WooCommerce settings page
- Minor fixes
- Add a default z-index style to handle sites that use positioned elements
- Load AddressFinder widget later to improve compatibility with the multistep-checkout-wizard plugin
- Fix fault with New Zealand city field
- Ignore WooCommerce placeholder instruction. Instead populate address_1 and address_2 as per Australian standards
- Initial release, enjoy!