The ActivityPub protocol is a decentralized social networking protocol based upon the ActivityStreams 2.0 data…
|Author:||Matthias Pfefferle (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.7|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||24-09-2018|
Click to start download
What is the status of this plugin?
- profile pages (JSON representation)
- custom links
- functional inbox/outbox
- follow (accept follows)
- share posts
- receive comments/reactions
- signature verification
- better WordPress integration
- better configuration possibilities
- threaded comments support
What is “ActivityPub for WordPress”
ActivityPub for WordPress extends WordPress with some fediverse features, but it does not compete with plattforms like Friendi.ca or Mastodon. If you want to run a decentralized social network, please use Mastodon or GNU.social.
What are the differences between this plugin and Pterotype?
ActivityPub for WordPress is compatible with OStatus and IndieWeb plugin suites. Pterotype is incompatible with the standalone WebFinger plugin plugin, so it can’t be run together with OStatus.
Pterotype creates/uses a bunch of custom tables, ActivityPub for WordPress only uses the native tables and adds as few meta data as possible.
Project maintained on github at pfefferle/wordpress-activitypub.
- customizable backlink (permalink or shorturl)
- show profile-identifiers also on profile settings
- added option to switch between content and excerpt
- removed html and duplicateded new-lines
- fixed “excerpt” in AS JSON
- added settings for the activity-summary and for the activity-object-type
- added basic WebFinger support
- added basic NodeInfo support
- fully functional “follow” activity
- send new posts to your followers
- receive comments from your followers
- functional inbox
- nicer profile views