Protects posts in categories by setting a unique Password for all restricted categories.
|Author:||Jojaba (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-09-2014|
|Total downloads:||7 179|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
Access Category Password options page (beginning with version 1.4)
Protected content in Twenty Fifteen Theme
When wrong password...
Could I protect more than one category
Yes. You just have to check the right checkboxes in the plugin options screen.
Could I style the password form?
Yes. Beginning with version 1.4 of Access Category Password. You can add in your regular theme stylesheet (style.css) the selectors and their properties. Here are the available classes:
acpwd-container class: the container of all elements that replace the content.
acpwd-info-message class: the
<p> tag containing the info message.
acpwd-form class: the
acpwd-pass class: the
<input type="password"> tag.
acpwd-submit class: the
<input type="submit"> tag.
acpwd-error-message class: the
<p> tag containing the error message.
Could I display the excerpt but not the content of a protected article?
Yes. You just have to check the “Only single posts” checkbox in admin options panel.
Could I set more than one Password?
No, sorry, I wanted to keep the plugin simple. But this would be a functionnality that could be added later,…
Are the attachments in the posts protected ?
No, sorry, I didn’t find yet a solution to solve this. So if someone gets the link to the attachment of a protected post, he will be able to download it.
- Fixed text domain issue.
- possibility to grant the selected roles to get access without providing the password.
- Make it possible to show the excerpt (in category listing for instance) even if the article is protected.
- Added zn_CN (thanks to Changmeng Hu) and de_DE translation.
- Added classes to password form to ease the styling.
- Fixed impossible to add working html tags to info message.
- Fixed the modified info message (in admin option panel) not beeing taken in account on frontpage.
- Added the possibility to change the validation button string.
- Better subitting text filtering in admin panel (using WP esc_attr() function)
- Fixed obsolete description strings.
- Fixed the characters already sent error on activation (it was simply an encoding issue).
- Keep now the regular feed (doesn’t replace it) and sanitize it.
- Better session handling (session destroy on logout).
- Fixed wrong custom feed template inclusion path. Sorry for that!
- First release. Thanks for your feedback!